Minnesota Babies

Cloth Diapering Classes

Anyone ever seen any cloth diapering classes being offered in the twin cities? I have a tip that Amma Parenting might, but I don't see anything on the books right now. I need help convincing the hubs that its a terrific idea, so I think going to a class together might help! Thanks! 
TTC since August 2009
Clomid for 6 cycles starting August 2010- O but no BFP
SA Septemeber 2010 Looking good 
HSG September 2010 All clear 
1st RE visit May 2011 - IUI#1 June 20, 2011: BFN
IUI #2 July 31 2011: BFP - m/c @ 5w1d
Surprise BFP on a break cycle 10/4/11, Due June 4, 2012, Born 6/9/2012
TTC Blog
TTC#2 : Cycles 1-3 Protocol 1500mg Metformin Daily, Femara + Ovidrel, Progresterone support 
HSG#2 November 2013 All clear
Cycle 4 Metformin, Femara, Bravelle, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFP
Little Lady Born 8/28/2014

"There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see, 
the beauty of love as it was made to be"
Mumford & Sons

Re: Cloth Diapering Classes

• All Things Diapers in Blaine has a few listed classes on their website https://www.allthingsdiapers.com/Allthingsdiapers/Workshops.html

I've never attended this class but have shopped at the store. It is probably a really good class because you'll get information about a variety of different diapers (they probably have the biggest variety of any store in MN) rather than a few of the other classes I've seen where they are promoting just a few styles of diapers.

Photo taken at 16 months old
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Peapods in St Paul has a class twice a month for free:

https://www.peapods.com/page.htm?PG=Classes 

As does BabyLove, though it costs $35:

https://babylovemn.com/classes/clothDiapers.html 

I haven't taken one so I'm not sure if either will do a good job convincing your husband.

imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • I second the All Things Diapers rec. I haven't been to the class, but I've shopped there quite a few times and the owners are great. They're really helpful, and they have a good selection.

I have quite a few CD posts on blog too; several of them in response to a friend who needed convincing. (And who is now CDing.) Let me know if you'd like the links.

• I'd recommend All Things Diapers too!  I just went there last week for the first time and the owner (Martin) was super nice and knowledgeable.  I'm planning to take the class sometime this month but Martin also mentioned that they are planning to start one-on-one lessons if that is something you would be interested in for a small price.  They also offer other classes such as Laundering, Baby Wearing, etc.  I love free classes and supporting local businesses!
  • We took the free class at Amma and it was helpful, but I honestly learned more from just researching, reading blogs and checking out websites. If I were to need to learn again I think it would be better to take a class at a store that actually has a wide variety of diapers to look at, play with and learn about.
    image Samuel (Photo by Gruman Photography)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"