Snarky and T-TTC
Options

New here

Hi! I've been stalking this board for a while, but have a question now so I thought I would finally post. My husband and I have been TTC for about a year and we're now trying to look at our options and see what's next.

My question is, does everyone sign up for the VIP version of fertility friend or is the free version good enough? 

Thanks for the help, I hope to get to know you ladies in the future. I think its my snarkiness that has helped me from pulling my hair out during this process :) 

Kim

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
We are very excited to be pursuing international adoption from China!
6000 miles and a day
Follow Me on Pinterest
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: New here

• Options
    Hello! I've never paid for the VIP version, I think the free one is good enough.

Do you like bacon, cookies, pandas and booze? If so, please stay and post often!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagekatt3233:

Do you like bacon, cookies, pandas and booze? If so, please stay and post often!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Howdy. Not a terrible intro, you show promise.

Once you figure out charting, IMO the VIP version of FF isn't necessary or worth it

• Options

Hi.

I did the VIP version for a few months but it wasn't anything that exciting.  Once we started seeing the RE and had finished our testing I really didn't need it.  Just used it to keep track of my cycle in case someone asked at a Dr appt.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I second whoever said "Once you get the hang of charting, it's not worth it" 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Little Man (4 years old---holy cow)
    He's the single greatest thing I've done in my life and reminds me daily of how fun (and funny) life can be.  He's turned out pretty swell for having such a heartless and evil mother.  
  • Options
    Welcome!  And ditto everyone else, I never paid for the VIP version.  Once you know how to interpret your charts, I don't think it's necessary. 
    someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    I paid for a year, and then once in a while I get a free month. The gadgets are interesting, but no necessary and once in a while they are complete and utter bullshit
  • Options

Never signed up for the VIP version -- they offer VIP every now and again. 

Good luck to you.  

TTC #2 since June '08

~*DD 10.21.07*~

dx unexplained

IUI #1-4 BFN

IVF#1 June 2011 BFN

IVF#2 Dec 2011

Beta#1 12/21 : 812 Beta#2 12/23 : 1634

EDD 8/25

*PAIFW/SAIFW*

• Options

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm glad you all agreed that it's not worth it. I'm having a hard enough time trying to remember to even take my temperature and I think paying for it would just annoy me.

We've tried 4 cycles of clomid without really being monitored so I'm curious if I'm ovulating and I guess this a good way to find out. 

After 2 years of IF workups/treatments and 2 IUIs, we have closed the door on fertility treatments.
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imagekimmyb1020:

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm glad you all agreed that it's not worth it. I'm having a hard enough time trying to remember to even take my temperature and I think paying for it would just annoy me.

We've tried 4 cycles of clomid without really being monitored so I'm curious if I'm ovulating and I guess this a good way to find out. 

You really need to be monitored when on clomid.  Did your GYN prescribe it?  If so, and they don't offer monitoring, you need to see an RE who will monitor you on it.  You can only take clomid for 6 cycles, so I wouldn't waste any more not being monitored. 

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Options
    Yeah I have learned that from reading these boards! My OBGYN is great, but put me on clomid without offering any monitoring and I didn't really know what was normal. Unfortunatly the endocrinologist in our area is a real b*tch so I need to figure out what the other options are. And our insurance doesn't cover anything. 
    6000 miles and a day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"