Blended Families
Options

NBFR- need to vent :-/

honestly, ive been lurking the bump alot lately, and I'm the most comfortable on this board, so thanks for making it so welcoming :)

and now my vent: DH just picked a massive fight with me, while I'm in the middle of preparing our sons birthday cake for his party tomorrow.  I'm ridiculously emotional about the fact that he is turning 2, struggling trying to get his cake baked so that I can decorate tomorrow, AND DS and I both have colds.  To make it even better, DH just left for work and I won't even see him till tomorrow. 

oh and the fight was about? absolutely nothing. he was trying to sleep before work and DS was whiny and crying because he doesn't feel well but I had to pull the cake out of the oven so I was just letting him cry for a minute and DH comes running down the stairs bc DS is crying and I wasn't consoling him bc he doesn't feel well.  um excuse me, I've been holding and rocking and consoling all day! on top of the fact that I vaccumed the entire house while holding said 30+pound child, cooked you dinner did your laundry and am trying to make all the preparations for our childs birthday tomorrow.

so now that I'm done bumping on NYE, its bed time to hopefully kick this colds butt and have a great birthday for my little man tomorrow. 

hope everyone has a great new years!

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBFR- need to vent :-/

• Options
    Sorry your day was so rocky! I hate it when my daughter gets a cold and its like no one ever gets that there just isn't much you can do for a fussy, sick 2 year old. I hope your party goes well, happy new year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sorry :( your husband was being a butthead. I hope today goes better for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My husband sometimes does this when he's stressed or exhausted. Instead of consoling DD, he'll look to me and ask why I'm not consoling her when he's sitting right there next to her. And usually it's because I'm right in the middle of something and foolishly thought that my husband could share some parental responsibility step up.

That's when I look at him and say in a somewhat calm/sarcastic voice, "Okay. Let me put this birthday cake down that I don't want to burn. You go on back to sleep. I've got this and the rest of the world covered for you." 

Most times that knocks him back to reality. Sometimes he'll argue back and I say nothing. I will get on with dealing with DD and doing the chore I'm in the middle of.  A little martyr-ish, but he always apologizes for his "man-ness" later.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"