Breastfeeding
Options

Re-introducing one breast?

When DD was two weeks old she shredded my left nipple and I made the decision to just EP that side while feeding with the right. I make more than enough to satisfy her and the left has always been surplus (which is a nice thing). However now I'm wondering if it's worth trying to re-introduce so I don't have to be hooked to the pump when I'm at home on the weekend. So if you have done this...

Did it hurt as badly as newborn nursing did or has 5 months of eping toughened it up? How badly will this screw up my supply? (obviously there is no crystal ball to know for sure)

Re: Re-introducing one breast?

• Options
    It's not that the pump will have toughened you up, it's that a 5 month old baby is not a newborn. Her mouth is bigger, she has better muscle control and a better latch - it might be no big deal at all. It shouldn't screw up your supply in that it will remain high enough to feed your baby - you might lose some of the excess though.
  • Options
    I like your answer! I'm ok with losing some of the excess (I think) I've got a deep freezer filled right now for emergencies and less excess may be worth a little more sleep/more time with her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"