January 2012 Moms
Options

Getting contractions started ????

I feel like ive tried so much to get these contractions to start but they dont want to.Dr said I'm 3 cms 50 % effaced everyone even the drs thought i was going to go early.I had been on bedrest at 22 wks, got steriods to mature Briella's lungs at 27 wks and had to get shots every wk to prevent ptl.I'm so ready for this pregnancy to be over seems like its just dragging out.I've tried Squats,Jumping jacks,eating pineapple,Dancing/Jumping,Sitting on exercise ball,rocking back and forth,side to side and bouncing on it,housework, having sex,walking, going on bumpy rds,chasing my 18 month old I'll be 38 wks on monday.Dr said she won't talk to me about inducing or stripping my membranes till i'm 39 wks or dilated 4-5 which ever comes first,But since I tested positive I didn't think they could strip your membranes from what I've heard .I'm so sick of being pregnant at this point

Re: Getting contractions started ????

• Options

My view is that yes, I'm INCREDDIBLY uncomfortable and miserable but there could be a reason why this baby hasn't been born yet.  Not to play the 'everything happens for a reason' card, but I think it's true.  No matter what kind of OWT's you try they will still be nothing but that, unfortunately.  Short of reaching up there and pulling LO out yourself there is nothing you can safely do to make this baby come any sooner. 

For me I find it all a mental game at this point. Don't focus as much on the fact that you're a ticking time bomb.  Focus your energy in other places.  DD and I have done a TON of crafty projects lately and it really makes me feel better to have a small goal that I have control over versus something I can't control like when labor starts.  Try and find something to occupy your mind other than labor and you will find the time you have left much more pleasant!  GL!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageDEBBIE33CASEY:

My view is that yes, I'm INCREDDIBLY uncomfortable and miserable but there could be a reason why this baby hasn't been born yet.  Not to play the 'everything happens for a reason' card, but I think it's true.  No matter what kind of OWT's you try they will still be nothing but that, unfortunately.  Short of reaching up there and pulling LO out yourself there is nothing you can safely do to make this baby come any sooner. 

For me I find it all a mental game at this point. Don't focus as much on the fact that you're a ticking time bomb.  Focus your energy in other places.  DD and I have done a TON of crafty projects lately and it really makes me feel better to have a small goal that I have control over versus something I can't control like when labor starts.  Try and find something to occupy your mind other than labor and you will find the time you have left much more pleasant!  GL!

This is exactly what my doctor told me yesterday. I've been completely miserable for about a week, and they refused to strip my membranes yesterday (they just don't believe in that at my OB office I guess). I'll be 39 weeks Monday and so ready to have my LO! But my doctor said the more you stress about getting your LO out, the worse off you'll be. Exactly like Debbie just said, try to find something else to focus your attention on rather than dwelling on the fact that your baby could come any time or that she hasn't come yet. I know it might be hard since every one is uncomfortable at this point, but it's better to just relax and focus on something else and let your LO come when she's ready!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just had my membranes stripped yesterday, and today I went to acupuncture to induce labor.  I've been contracting all day.  I plan on going to acupuncture everyday until this baby comes!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"