3rd Trimester
Options

sleeping on back..

Anyone still do it? I wake up on my back all the time. I am not worried. My dr told me it will get uncomfortable and I won't want to, but sometimes it's quite comfy. Just wondering if anyone is still able to sleep on their back..

Baby number ONE on the way!
BabyName Ticker

Re: sleeping on back..

• Options
    Yep. It's the only position I can sleep in without my carpal tunnel keeping me up.
  • Options
    Lately my hips hurt so bad that sleeping on my back is my only option. I just try to keep myself propped up so I won't get heartburn
    Daisypath - (fpox)Lilypie - (cr8G)  Lilypie - (jTpT)Lilypie - (LZoT)
    Started Dating DH 09/03/2009 Married 07/01/2011 
    Surprise BFP 10/18/2008 EDD 06/19/2009 DS #1 Born 06/16/2009
    TTC #2 12/2010 BFP 05/15/2011 EDD 01/09/2012 DS #2 Born 01/11/2012
    DH adopted DS #1 06/25/2012
    TTC #3 06/2013 BFP 02/19/2014 EDD 10/30/2014 DS #3 Born 10/10/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes.  I still sleep/wake up sleeping on my back.  I am finding it more uncomfortable as the night goes on though.  So when I roll over my belly hurts from the weight stretching it.  My doc said the same thing as yours too.  :)  I wouldn't be worried. 
  • Options
    I sometimes find myself sleeping on my back.
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i have to sleep on my back because i have a cracked rib and on my side hurts too much. the doctor said it would be fine just so long as i put a pillow under my side. it works for me. hope it works for you too!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    39 weeks and it's the most comfortable position for me and it doesn't stop my LO from kicking!!!  Your baby will be fine... :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I sleep on my back constantly! When I sleep on my left - I get really uncomfortable, so obviously, my body is saying no to that. So I try on my right - which is a little better, but since her whole body is positioned on my right side, it puts a lot of pressure on the right side of my back/body...so my back is def. wat I prefer :-) And she kicks and moves around all night anyway so she must be happy.
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Options
    cant... if I even lay on my back for more than a minute or so I get all fuzzy headed. Really a B*&^% for my appointments. They did most of my last U/S with my on my side because I almost fainted. My Dr does the measuring and heart beat check so fast now its kind of funny.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Birthday
  • Options
    For me it is the most comfortable still.  I try to fall asleep on my side but always wake up on my back.  Until my body tells me otherwise, I'm not going to worry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wake up on my back a lot. And that's usually because my hands go numb because I sleep with them above my head. So basically my body wakes me before it gets too dangerous.
  • Options

I can give you a great answer to this question since I just asked my doctor yesterday!! I've read over and over that sleeping on your back is bad, but my doctor said if its the only way you can sleep- by all means sleep that way. He said you will know when you need to move into another position because your body will tell you. He said you will definitely feel it, body will get hot and you will feel quite uncomfortable. I am having back pain and find that sleeping on my back is the only way to relieve the pain.  My doctor said, and I quote "don't lose sleep over sleeping". If you're comfortable- sleep. I have a body pillow and still wake up on my back. So don't worry and sleep now!! Good luck! :o) 

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    I do but only to give my hips a rest. When my hips ache bad, I move to my back for about an hour and then move to my hips for another go-round. And then the cycle continues!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

I rarely sleep on my back, but do not find lying on my back or occasionally waking up on my back to be uncomfortable in my own bed at home. We have a super soft, pillow top mattress and I find that the softness keeps anything from being pinched or constricted. 

Being on my back on pretty much anything else (including the ultrasound table and the chair I sit in for my non stress test) tends to make me uncomfortable very quickly, and if done for more than 15 minutes or so straight will cause me to start feeling lightheaded or even cause me to faint.  

• Options
    Yep, I still do.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"