1st Trimester
Options

So Anxious

I knew I was pregnant about 2 days after conception - I had a feeling and symptoms. It was confirmed two weeks later by 4 tests. But, now I'm 7 weeks, still no symptoms and my first appointment isn't for two more weeks. They already told me I would not get a sonogram, but will they at least listen for a heartbeat? I'm dying over here. Just want to hear or see something to make this all real!!

Re: So Anxious

• Options
    I'm sorry, that's not fun.  I think some doctors might try to listen at 9 weeks, but that is still really early to be able to hear it.  My doctor did not listen at 9 weeks (so I bought a fetal doppler and found it myself a week later).  Good luck, and for now just feel happy that you don't have m/s!
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    First off, you can't have symptoms 2 days after conception, its impossible & pure coincidence that you "had symptoms" & then ended up with a BFP. Second of all, your Dr will most likely attempt to hear a fetal HB with the doppler but will more than likely be unsuccessful bc its too early with a first pregnancy. Your uterus is still below your pelvis until 12w. Third, be careful what you wish for. Many have wished for m/s and are now puking non-stop & are unable to get out of bed. You'll have symptoms soon enough
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
    1/1 Spotting, 1/3 beta 36,000, 1/5 u/s empty sac measuring 7w (9w5d), 1/6 d&c
    You will always be loved & missed our sweet angel.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Every Dr is different for what they do at the first Appt. My mom works at my OB office and she said they will try listen for a heartbeat if your thin enough. Its hard enough to find as it is, but added layers of weight makes it almost impossible that soon. (if course they dont tell patients this info..)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageisnatural4me:
    I knew I was pregnant about 2 days after conception - I had a feeling and symptoms. It was confirmed two weeks later by 4 tests. But, now I'm 7 weeks, still no symptoms and my first appointment isn't for two more weeks. They already told me I would not get a sonogram, but will they at least listen for a heartbeat? I'm dying over here. Just want to hear or see something to make this all real!!

• Options

imageMee83shell:
    First off, you can't have symptoms 2 days after conception, its impossible & pure coincidence that you "had symptoms" & then ended up with a BFP. Second of all, your Dr will most likely attempt to hear a fetal HB with the doppler but will more than likely be unsuccessful bc its too early with a first pregnancy. Your uterus is still below your pelvis until 12w. Third, be careful what you wish for. Many have wished for m/s and are now puking non-stop & are unable to get out of bed. You'll have symptoms soon enough

What she said...and OP, you're an idiot. 

• Options

I wouldn't go as far as to call OP an idiot bc i def knew something was going on with my body within a week of conception. 

Pregnancy is different for everyone :)

I just reached my 10 week mark and i haven't had any symptoms either. Hang in there OP and things will start to change in no time :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies. I will try to focus on the positive and fun things as mentioned. I am pretty thin, so maybe I'll get lucky and hear the heartbeat. As for the people calling me an idiot and saying i 'can't' feel symptoms within two days?!...

As mentioned, everyone's pregnancy is different. Clearly some experience implantation bleeding and cramping within days or weeks of conception. Some have horrific m/s and others don't. Anything could be coincidence, but sudden urge to urinate when i haven't had a sip of anything IS NOT a coincidence.

• Options
    imageisnatural4me:

Thanks ladies. I will try to focus on the positive and fun things as mentioned. I am pretty thin, so maybe I'll get lucky and hear the heartbeat. As for the people calling me an idiot and saying i 'can't' feel symptoms within two days?!...

As mentioned, everyone's pregnancy is different. Clearly some experience implantation bleeding and cramping within days or weeks of conception. Some have horrific m/s and others don't. Anything could be coincidence, but sudden urge to urinate when i haven't had a sip of anything IS NOT a coincidence.

Or it's a bladder infections.  Dude, really?  urination=pregnancy everyone!

• Options
    imageisnatural4me:

You're nuts. You can't have symptoms 2 days after sperm meets egg. It doesn't happen. There is no implantation bleeding that early bc the ball of cells is still moving down the fallopian tubes then. Implantation happens around 5-7dpo. It isn't until then that you MIGHT experience some cramping or spotting. & the "urge to urinate" that you speak of can't happen unless you have implanted & are producing hcg. Your uterus/ball of cells doesn't produce hormones until implanted & you can't have symptoms until you have enough hormone in your body to test + on an HPT. I'm not speaking ignorantly, I'm a nurse & have actually studied this stuff.
  • Options
    bump burp
  • Options
    Yea, you are certainly not an idiot! Everyone is different and I agree with you about the sudden urge to pee, that was my first clue, I had to pee a whole lot, even in the very beginning!
  • Options
    imageAmberS1211:
    Yea, you are certainly not an idiot! Everyone is different and I agree with you about the sudden urge to pee, that was my first clue, I had to pee a whole lot, even in the very beginning!
    completely impossible at 2 days after sperm meets egg. You WANTED to feel symptoms so you read into everything.
  • Options

I agree you can't have symptoms but I think its a little harsh to call her an idiot.

• Options

I didn't say two days after did I? Didn't think so!

I said in the beginning, never said how many days! Way to jump to conclusions!

(To add to that, I noticed having to pee a lot more only 3 days before my bfp, but you didn't ask, just jumped to conclusions) 

Why be nasty? That's not what this board is for... 

Geez!  

• Options

I guess it's IMPOSSIBLE to not know you're pregnant 4-5 mnths into it (yea - tell the people starring on I didn't know i was pregnant). It must be impossible to NOT have m/s b/c as bad as everyone else has it, you just must feel something. Oh, and i imagine you can't show before a certain point OR not show past a certain point either? And i bet it's IMPOSSIBLE to have a 3 hr labor since some women are in there 30 hrs? And i guess it's impossible for one baby to have a tooth, while one 4 mnths older has none? THe list goes on.

I respect science and medicine, but i also know my body and i believe in a higher power. Many things in life seem impossible, but with faith - all is possible. I leave those that called me an idiot with that. 

• Options
    imageAmberS1211:

Geez!  

My sentiments exactly. THere's no need to argue with hormonal and nasty women or a nurse b/c my DOCTOR said as soon as that egg is fertilized -- anything is fair game. 

• Options
    imageisnatural4me:

I guess it's IMPOSSIBLE to not know you're pregnant 4-5 mnths into it (yea - tell the people starring on I didn't know i was pregnant). It must be impossible to NOT have m/s b/c as bad as everyone else has it, you just must feel something. Oh, and i imagine you can't show before a certain point OR not show past a certain point either? And i bet it's IMPOSSIBLE to have a 3 hr labor since some women are in there 30 hrs? And i guess it's impossible for one baby to have a tooth, while one 4 mnths older has none? THe list goes on.

I respect science and medicine, but i also know my body and i believe in a higher power. Many things in life seem impossible, but with faith - all is possible. I leave those that called me an idiot with that. 

What you did here?  Yeah, that doesn't help your case.  Go buy Pregnancy for Dummies, or some other basic pregnancy book and do yourself a favor, and read it

• Options
    imageAmberS1211:

Geez!  

learn to use the quote option #1. #2, I was referring to the OP & you validating her "urge to urinate" at 2 days after conception. Pot meet kettle...way to make assumptions & look like a fool. & for the record, if you're looking for puppies & rainbows head to babygaga. There will ALWAYS be snark here, so get some big girl panties & grow up.
  • Options
    imagerobinsokj:
    imageisnatural4me:

I am not making a case. My original post did not elicit commentary on my symptoms of pregnancy. I wanted to know when I can expect to hear a heartbeat. Reading books can fill your head with knowledge, but it's the practice of medicine and the practice of anything that really helps. so, i'm gonna pass on your suggestion : )

What you did here?  Yeah, that doesn't help your case.  Go buy Pregnancy for Dummies, or some other basic pregnancy book and do yourself a favor, and read it

• Options
    imageisnatural4me:
    imageAmberS1211:

Geez!  

My sentiments exactly. THere's no need to argue with hormonal and nasty women or a nurse b/c my DOCTOR said as soon as that egg is fertilized -- anything is fair game. 

well, your doctor is a moron
  • Options

I am amazed at how comfortable people are using the word impossible with anything related to a pregnancy, which is one of life's greatest miracles from conception to birth. I'm glad I'm not so emerged in this world that i just accept the snark and nastiness. I'm sure it's some combo of too much time on your hands and hormones, but get it together. you don't have to have the last word, you don't know everything, and it isn't ok to talk to grown women like your children. Maybe that's why some of you are so snarky  b/c you can't control anything else in ur life.

and to the moron that called a DR that graduated at the top of her class from a top school -- : x

• Options
    Look... it's just harsh to call someone an idiot when you don't know what they've been informed of, as she said, her doctor had informed her a bit differently. I use these boards for a different purpose. Not to name call and put people down, I use it to look into what other people are experiencing and to uplift and support them. I personally would never use these boards to talk down others, but hey.. thats just me. I'm not asking for everything to be all rainbows and butterflies, I just try to understand where each poster is coming from. 
  • Options
    imageisnatural4me:

So bc you believe in a "higher power" you are special & can have symptoms far sooner than possible?
  • Options

imageAmberS1211:
    Look... it's just harsh to call someone an idiot when you don't know what they've been informed of, as she said, her doctor had informed her a bit differently. I use these boards for a different purpose. Not to name call and put people down, I use it to look into what other people are experiencing and to uplift and support them. I personally would never use these boards to talk down others, but hey.. thats just me. I'm not asking for everything to be all rainbows and butterflies, I just try to understand where each poster is coming from. 

I personally want rainbows, butterflies, and birds singing too. Most on here are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or running after babies post pregnancy. No one needs the extra negativity. If what i said was outlandish to you, you had the right to suck your teeth, shake your head, and call me an idiot, but when you are posting it and going crazy with it - it's gone too far. I just hope these people aren't this harsh with their babies and children. babies and children tend to dream and want things that just i-m-p-o-s-s-i-b-l-e. MY new favorite word. 

• Options
    imageisnatural4me:

I am amazed at how comfortable people are using the word impossible with anything related to a pregnancy, which is one of life's greatest miracles from conception to birth. I'm glad I'm not so emerged in this world that i just accept the snark and nastiness. I'm sure it's some combo of too much time on your hands and hormones, but get it together. you don't have to have the last word, you don't know everything, and it isn't ok to talk to grown women like your children. Maybe that's why some of you are so snarky  b/c you can't control anything else in ur life.

and to the moron that called a DR that graduated at the top of her class from a top school -- : x

wow, you're a freaking nut. It's going to be a LONG pg on the tri boards with you & your team of morons.
    & when grown women ACT like children, they get spoken to like children. & you my friend are acting like a child. Claiming that you are able to have impossible symptoms at 2d past conception bc of your faith is ludicrous. You are throwing around the term faith to validate your ignorance & that's completely wrong.
  • Options
    I say... don't let anyone put you down. Sorry some posters questioned your faith, you are entitled to your beliefs.
  • Options

imageisnatural4me:

I'm confused, you KNEW because you had symptoms, yet you are whining that there are still no symptoms?

and yeah, 2 days after conception = absolutely not possible.

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options
    You're special.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageMee83shell:
    imageisnatural4me:

wow, you're a freaking nut. It's going to be a LONG pg on the tri boards with you & your team of morons.
    & when grown women ACT like children, they get spoken to like children. & you my friend are acting like a child. Claiming that you are able to have impossible symptoms at 2d past conception bc of your faith is ludicrous. You are throwing around the term faith to validate your ignorance & that's completely wrong.

We are no friends Hun... and i'm 'acting like a child' b/c myself and my husband noticed that i couldn't stop peeing like a race horse just 2-3 days after the sex that conceived my child?? I got a positive pregnancy test just 11 days after having sex and the symptom i spoke of happened 2-3 days after. I'm fighting the non believers because it is what it is. I did not have a urinary tract infection or any other bizarre medical condition. I was freaking pregnant and apparently my body and bladder knew it before you or I did.

• Options
    imageisnatural4me:
    imageMee83shell:
    imageisnatural4me:

We are no friends Hun... and i'm 'acting like a child' b/c myself and my husband noticed that i couldn't stop peeing like a race horse just 2-3 days after the sex that conceived my child?? I got a positive pregnancy test just 11 days after having sexR and the symptom i spoke of happened 2-3 days after. I'm fighting the non believers because it is what it is. I did not have a urinary tract infection or any other bizarre medical condition. I was freaking pregnant and apparently my body and bladder knew it before you or I did.

NOT POSSIBLE!!!!! NOT FREAKING POSSIBLE!!!!!
  • Options

imageAmberS1211:
    I say... don't let anyone put you down. Sorry some posters questioned your faith, you are entitled to your beliefs.

Amber, at this point it's out of control..words and quotes are being cut and pasted for convenience. You'll soon see that even the simplest of posts like "Everything went well at my check-up, so happy" will get negative feedback. these chicks are miserable and just be glad you aren't. It didn't matter what i said, someone would've jumped all over it.

• Options
    You should head over to babygaga with all of your other crazy friends. They have boards that will validate your craziness instead of call you out on your ignorance. Buy a pregnancy book & read it.
  • Options

Meeshell, I'm taking a special interest in you and your pic of cupcakes...please tell me what else is impossible in my pregnancy, so i can be sure not to post about it..

Thanks in advance

• Options
    imageisnatural4me:

Meeshell, I'm taking a special interest in you and your pic of cupcakes...please tell me what else is impossible in my pregnancy, so i can be sure not to post about it..

Thanks in advance

What does my picture of cupcakes have to do with anything?
  • Options
    imageUnpossible:
    imageMee83shell:
    imageisnatural4me:

Thanks in advance

What does my picture of cupcakes have to do with anything?

Cupcakes have to do with everything!

seriously!!!! they are the BEST cupcakes EVER!!!!
  • Options

"i'm 'acting like a child' b/c myself and my husband noticed that i couldn't stop peeing like a race horse just 2-3 days after the sex that conceived my child?? I got a positive pregnancy test just 11 days after having sex and the symptom i spoke of happened 2-3 days after. I'm fighting the non believers because it is what it is. I did not have a urinary tract infection or any other bizarre medical condition. I was freaking pregnant and apparently my body and bladder knew it before you or I did."

To answer your question directly: You may or may not be able to pick up a HB on the doppler when you go for your appointment. If you are as early as you say there may not be one yet or they may have to do a vaginal ultrasound to see/pick one up. No one is questioning your faith. They are questioning the "facts" you are presenting that make no logical sense given the way that the human body works with regards to pregnancy. See?

My two cents? I am betting you ovulated sooner than you think so you got symptoms sooner than you imagine. You are probably further along than you think. It is not biologically, physically, or even spiritually possible to "feel" fertilization, implantation or whatnot. I know you believe that its all true, and that some divine inspiration allows you to feel these things. There are knowledgable people who are in the medical field that are sharing their expertise with you. Rather than pout and stomp like an ignorant child, just concede that PERHAPS you are further along than you are aware and that is it. As you say, anything is possible-- going by your logic there is a slim possibility that you are not with it and these ladies are spot on.

No doctor worth his salt would validate your faulty claim that you KNEW you were pregnant just two days into fertilization. Its just not the way that biology works. I think you are probably just saying that your doctor agrees with you to add some weight to your argument. We don't believe you, but in the end it doesn't matter, does it? You believe what you want, but its probably better not to go around spreading false information for other impressionable people who might be reading.

Is this the hill you want to die on? Because you are coming off like a whiny brat stomping her foot and repeating the same ignorant bull over and over. Just come off it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageUnpossible:
    imageBettyBookworm:

"i'm 'acting like a child' b/c myself and my husband noticed that i couldn't stop peeing like a race horse just 2-3 days after the sex that conceived my child?? I got a positive pregnancy test just 11 days after having sex and the symptom i spoke of happened 2-3 days after. I'm fighting the non believers because it is what it is. I did not have a urinary tract infection or any other bizarre medical condition. I was freaking pregnant and apparently my body and bladder knew it before you or I did."

To answer your question directly: You may or may not be able to pick up a HB on the doppler when you go for your appointment. If you are as early as you say there may not be one yet or they may have to do a vaginal ultrasound to see/pick one up. No one is questioning your faith. They are questioning the "facts" you are presenting that make no logical sense given the way that the human body works with regards to pregnancy. See?

My two cents? I am betting you ovulated sooner than you think so you got symptoms sooner than you imagine. You are probably further along than you think. It is not biologically, physically, or even spiritually possible to "feel" fertilization, implantation or whatnot. I know you believe that its all true, and that some divine inspiration allows you to feel these things. There are knowledgable people who are in the medical field that are sharing their expertise with you. Rather than pout and stomp like an ignorant child, just concede that PERHAPS you are further along than you are aware and that is it. As you say, anything is possible-- going by your logic there is a slim possibility that you are not with it and these ladies are spot on.

No doctor worth his salt would validate your faulty claim that you KNEW you were pregnant just two days into fertilization. Its just not the way that biology works. I think you are probably just saying that your doctor agrees with you to add some weight to your argument. We don't believe you, but in the end it doesn't matter, does it? You believe what you want, but its probably better not to go around spreading false information for other impressionable people who might be reading.

Is this the hill you want to die on? Because you are coming off like a whiny brat stomping her foot and repeating the same ignorant bull over and over. Just come off it!

swoons

my sentiments exactly...to all of it
  • Options

OP:

please don't homeschool.

• Options
    imageASantanaE:

OP:

please don't homeschool.

Lmao
  • Options
    imageMissMusic:

The sheer number of people who replied to this saying "don't let people get you down!" makes me afraid for humanity. 

ETA: PIP didn't work

No kidding. That's ALL they do on this board. It's all P&R and they get their panties in a wad if someone brings snark.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"