Pregnant after 35
Options

Hi all :) NBR traveling with baby to NYC question

Hi guys!  I hope you had a wonderful holiday...we enjoyed our first family Christmas so much.  Just imagine next year all of you will be celebrating you LO's first Holidays.  It was so much fun.  Baby K is growing so big and grew out of his Christmas morning Santa suit since we had his pictures taken (about 2 weeks ago) so we had to improvise on a cute-for-1st-Christmas outfit.  I just can't believe how much fun, exhausting and wonderful this had been.

I hope all of you are doing well and feeling good - esp for those of you near the end.  Hang in there - it gets better.  I really do think I'm sleeping much more now than when I was PG.

Anyway - quick question for NYC bumpies if you are out there...I'm traveling with DS to the City soon and I was wondering if you know of any places that rent baby equipment - a stroller and a pack-n-play are what I'm mainly looking for.  I just think I'd much rather pay to rent then drag them 3,500 miles across a continent and back again.

TIA :)

~Married 11/08~
~TTC since 01/09~
~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
~BFN - 02/11~
~IUI #1 03/15/11~
BFP 3/28/2011
Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

Re: Hi all :) NBR traveling with baby to NYC question

• Options

yikes ... i'm positive the answer is yes, but i have no idea (other than the google) to find them.  i'm certain any hotel will have a pnp or crib, heck they might have strollers as well.

of course you can always stop in queens (if you come thru laguardia or jfk) and i can loan them to you : ) 

• Options

Aw...thanks!  I will be in Queens, in fact.  My BIL is having a baby in Feb and lives In Queens.  Small world :)  I'm looking for a pnp because we are renting from airbnb so it is an apartment, not a hotel......which, btw, is waaaay more awesome than an overpriced hotel in midtown....

I did a cursory google search but no luck... I think I will ask on tripadvisor.com as well.

I would love to meet you and your LOs while I'm there. We should make this work.

How are you guys doing? I'm typing this out on my iPad with a warm little snuggle bug laying on my chest.  It's so awesome. 

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

The airlines don't charge for baby stuff, it's a nice unlimited perk. So you can gate check or just regular check the stroller. Honestly, I think that would be easier than dealing with a rental.

If you can swing the cost, and find future use - I highly recommend the KidCo PeaPod for sleeping. It is VERY easy to carry/check when traveling and DD is well past the PNP stage and still using it on trips.

https://www.kidco.com/main.taf?p=4,5

My darling daughter just turned 4 years old.
  • Options

We were just in Queens visiting family.  I am ashamed to admit that I brought our Summer Infant Changing Pad since LO loves to lie in it and sleep.  We fit in into the car seat bag since it travels for free.  DH also looked at Craig's list and we bought a second hand swing to keep in our family's home.  We did not bring a stroller and just carried her around in our ERGO.  If you decide to bring a stroller, do you have a snap and go to put the car seat in instead?  Have a great time! It was not too cold when we went (bearable). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageHaribo1:

We were just in Queens visiting family.  I am ashamed to admit that I brought our Summer Infant Changing Pad since LO loves to lie in it and sleep.  We fit in into the car seat bag since it travels for free.  DH also looked at Craig's list and we bought a second hand swing to keep in our family's home.  We did not bring a stroller and just carried her around in our ERGO.  If you decide to bring a stroller, do you have a snap and go to put the car seat in instead?  Have a great time! It was not too cold when we went (bearable). 

Thanks Haribo! Im going for 4 days for work in a couple of weeks but am doing an extended visit May-June.  The 2nd trip is for my niece's graduation And she will want to do all the touristy stuff so I'm thinking a stroller will be better? No? I'm just not sure...I think the carrier will good for this trip but June is a different beast...

Unfortunately i dont know much about strollers...I have a bob b/c that is about all I can use where I live.... We are too snowy for strollers until around May.  I know...

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"