Pre-School and Daycare

are there shots at the 3 yo well visit?

Re: are there shots at the 3 yo well visit?

• No, but at 4 there are.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Only flu shot if you haven't had it done and want to.
    DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • DS got 2, so for us, yes there was.
  • Only the flu shot for us.  But they did do a finger prick for iron and lead testing...I think they said it was a new recommendation, but not sure how many pedi's are doing it yet.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • No, but they did do a finger prick...to check her iron I think.
  • Ds had the finger prick and one shot. It wasn't a flu shot, but I don't remember what he got.
  • Ds got two. I think one was a newer version of some shot he'd had previously and they changed the recommendation to add it again at age 3 if they'd had the old version.
  • There were not for DD. We were told the next ones aren't until 4.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • none.  DS did get the nasal flu mist though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs Manners:
    Ds got two. I think one was a newer version of some shot he'd had previously and they changed the recommendation to add it again at age 3 if they'd had the old version.

This. It was one of the Heps and Prevnar, I believe. We had been told there wasn't a shot, so it was an unhappy surprise, especially since I had already told DS not to worry.

Bottom line is I'm never again promising no shots in case the recommendations change. 

• imagesmeame14:
    No shots for us....Friend of mine took her son in for 4 year visit and said that there are 4.  Not looking forward to that.  Poor DD has had to have a string of injections for her asthema/ear infections (steriod/antibiotic to help her body fight off infection and inflamation)  It breaks my heart seeing her go through more than she has to. 

reading through all these posts, I remember the nuse at the 1 year telling me that 1 yo and 4 yo are the bad ones for shots, but after that you're pretty much done except for boosters, etc.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"