Pittsburgh Babies
Options

sitting for meal time

we have a 2.5 boy in daycare, main complaint is that he wont listen or sit during meal time when all the other kids are eating.  he constantly wants to get up before everyones done, tries to climb on the table when kids are still eating and doesnt listen to direction at all.  very tough to control or fix when he's not like that at home.  he tends to be the class clown so when he's in a group of kids his temperament changes.  he definitely gives us a run at home during meal time as well but we are always able to deal with it, just trying to figure out the best approach to get him to sit through a meal with people.  i realize he's only 2.5 so i'm trying to give him some slack, but i do still expect some time for him to sit. 

anyone have any secrets they can share?

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: sitting for meal time

• Options

I have a 3 year old at home. She's used to be great at sitting nicely in her highchair and eating her dinner. But when she turned 2-2.5 she decided she never wanted to eat dinner and wanted to get down while everyone was still eating. I pretty much told her if she wants to get down, she has to go sit on her bed until everyone is done eating. No books or toys. Or she can sit with us. Most of the time she chooses to sit and eat with us, but sometimes she will go to her room and sit on the bed until I go get her.

I really think its the age., they're too busy to sit and eat. Although, she does do really well at school while they have their snack time. 

Good Luck. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"