That would cause a young woman
To look so lonely
How could anyone so precious
Choose such a life?
Then I realized this woman
Was a soldiers wife.
Her gift for this Christmas
Is to hear that phone ring
?Hey baby, I miss you Don?t worry about a thing? Each day I thank God for the soldiers that serve Ever willing to fight and lay down his life
But how often do I ever remember think
About the young woman who is that soldier?s wife
Thank you God for these women
They are just as strong
They sacrifice daily
And without help get along
So God please protect our soldiers
On this holiday eve so late
And give an extra hug
To their wives who wait
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Twas the Night Before Christmas...

• Options
    This is very sweet. Thank you
    DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I hope all of you with deployed spouses get at least a phone call. I was so grateful and in tears that my husband was able to Skype me a few hours ago (our Christmas eve/his Christmas morning), and we were able to open up gifts and watch our 4 month old baby girl light up with excitement at her toys TOGETHER. It really made her 1st Christmas much better than I had anticipated!

I can only wish all of you the same joy and happiness I felt.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you all!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Skype is wonderful. My dh is also deployed right now and we actually just hung up from skype as well. Hopefully we will be be able to skype in the morning and watch our ds open his gifts. We are determined not to let this distance apart bring our spirits down for the holidays. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

DeterminedBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageExcited Mrs P:

I hope all of you with deployed spouses get at least a phone call. I was so grateful and in tears that my husband was able to Skype me a few hours ago (our Christmas eve/his Christmas morning), and we were able to open up gifts and watch our 4 month old baby girl light up with excitement at her toys TOGETHER. It really made her 1st Christmas much better than I had anticipated!

I can only wish all of you the same joy and happiness I felt.

Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to you all!

My DH and I actually just finished Skyping and doing the Santa thing with our 3 and a half month old son.  LO was tired from having been at a family gathering for several a bit beforehand, but he still enjoyed seeing DH and helping me open the presents.  I was able to put together LO's activity center so DH could see him play in it - the smiles on LO's face and the giggles while he was playing made it worth it to go ahead and put it together.  I hate it that DH is missing being here for LO's first Christmas, but I'm very thankful for Skype - it definitely made it feel more like he was actually here with us. I can't wait until next year when DH is home for Christmas!

So there's this boy. He kinda stole my heart. He calls me "Mom"

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Voted "Mom of the Year" 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"