Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

If you didn't like being pregnant - why?

On the what would happen if you were pregnant again thread some people talked about not liking being pregnant, having a bad pregnancy, etc. For you, what made pregnancy bad?

DS 7/6/09
DD 9/4/11
EDD 9/1/15

Re: If you didn't like being pregnant - why?

• Options
    This isn't what you asked, but I LOVED being pregnant. Even through 16 weeks of 24/7 nausea, I continued to say that I loved being pregnant. I miss it, and I know that we are not ready for another one quite yet, but I would be pregnant again in a heartbeat!
  • Options

In the 1st trimester for a month straight I literrally would eat lunch at work and then get sick. 

At 35 weeks I went in for a check up and they were concerned because I had high blood pressure they made me take stress test and tested my urine and I was hospitilized and induced becasue I ended up woth Pre Eclampsia.  I had my DD at 351/2 weeks and she was in the NICU for 3 weeks and 2 days. 

She is a healthy and happy baby now, I love her sooo much and definatly want another baby down the road even though I had a scary and stressfull delivery.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1) I was in and out of the hospital with severe morning sickness. This lasted pretty much until week 30.

2) I had horrible hip pain and would sometimes, not be able to walk because of it....I would be walking along and my leg would give out.

I will get pregnant again. But we will be way more prepared and I'm going to suck up my pride and ask for help.

• Options

I had insomnia throughout the pregnancy. I was more rested with a newborn than when I was pregnant. My doctor said I could take Tylenol PM, but I never knew when the bad nights were, I hated the groggy feeling, and I didn't like taking something every night. I finally started taking something on occasion but then third trimester hit and I couldn't take it because I had to get up to pee.

Then around 5 months the crazy hormones kicked in and I felt like crap. I was down a lot, avoided people, cried all the time, etc. I felt like no one could help me so I just dealt with it and never mentioned it.

DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • Options

I HATED being pregnant to the point of not wanting another child.  Of course the second I met my little man I realized it was sooooooooooooooo worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Here are the few main reasons...

1. Headaches every single day for 6 months

2. 4 months of morning sickness

3. Bad Acid Reflux

4. Horrible back pain  to the point of being in tears just walking around my office

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them.  I didn't believe all those people who told me "oh you'll forget how much you hated it once your LO arrives."  I didn't believe them all until now :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was on bed rest from 25-39 weeks for PTL. In the summer. Without air conditioning.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My first pregnancy was diagnosed as Trisomy 14 Mosaicism. It's unheard of basically and for 5 months no one knew what the hell they were talking about or what the outcome would be. H and I were both perfectly healthy and have hardly any family history so there's really no reason it should've happened but it did. It ended in stillbirth and was the longest most stress filled months of my life.

People were so upset after the delivery but H and I both had a sense of relief that it was over and we could move on.

Then it took us over a year to get pregnant again and my dr. wanted us to look into some underlying fertility issues. Then we were pregnant.

The pregnancy wasn't too bad just your normal sickness/tired etc. but the stress of constantly wondering if everything was okay and still being scared of find something out on a routine visit really took it's toll on me.

I was also a crank by the end because I couldn't do what I wanted to do.

Then it was delivery time and it was all worth it but my hips got disjointed somehow and 6 months later I still feel the effects.

So I'd do it again, but not anytime soon.

• Options

imagesuzyqjmu:
    This isn't what you asked, but I LOVED being pregnant. Even through 16 weeks of 24/7 nausea, I continued to say that I loved being pregnant. I miss it, and I know that we are not ready for another one quite yet, but I would be pregnant again in a heartbeat!

I also LOVED being pregnant, except for the swollen fingers I would get after our walks..o and I had a couple of nights where I couldn't get comfortable, but that soon changed when I bought a body pillow :-D   .. I only had one case of morning sickness and that is how we found out I was pregnant, although I insisted I might be getting sick lol. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I threw up every day mostly after every meal and sometimes even after I drank water.
  • Options
    I didn't have a really hard pregnancy bit I got kicked in the ribs a lot so that was really painful, I suppose DD didn't have very much room because I'm really small
  • Options
    I'm totally going to sound like a brat, but it just wasn't my bag. Sure I'd do it again in order to have another baby, but I'm not chomping at the bit. I had barely any m/s, never threw up, only minor pains/irritations - up until the end. My bp spiked and I developed PIH, gained about 15 lbs of water weight, said goodbye to my ankles for 2 months, got stretch marks, and developed a fun little rash called PUPPS. If you've never had it, I highly recommend you to wish it upon your worst enemy. But that was really only the last couple of weeks. I just didn't like giving up so much control over my body, what I could eat, drink, how I could sleep, what I could physically do (was a sad say when I had to have dh help me put on pants).
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

I had symphysis pubic dysfunction badly so the only way I could even walk was weekly chiropractor visits. The 1st trimester was constant puking (usually about 2x a day). The 3rd trimester was constant pain while walking and rolling over in bed. I HATE sleeping on my side and was so glad when I could sleep on my stomach again. I also had BH contractions badly from about 32 weeks on. Until I was about 7cm dilated the contractions from labour just felt like my daily BHs. It was also winter and I was petrified of falling. I also have sinus/allergies etc and my secondary midwife treated me like a crack head for taking 1 Benadryl. When you're pg every one thinks your body is their business (ultrasound techs, coworkers etc).

I am very glad to have my little man and I will do it again for the next baby but I hated being pregnant.

• Options
    I had a bad pregnancy because I had hyperemesis gravidarum the entire time.  I was off work starting at 9 weeks and lost my position because of it.  I had a PICC line for IV zofran and TPN (complete IV nutrition).  It was extremely hard emotionally, physically, and financially.  I am still recovering and have long term effects from HG.  I am having surgery on Tuesday because my gall bladder is messed up.  HG can also cause long term liver, heart, and kidney issues.  
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Like PP said, I just wasn't my bag. I never had morning sickness, i only gained 15 lbs (i'm already heavy to begin with). I just didn't like it. I had PreE so I was ALWAYS getting poked and prodded. My pubic bone felt like it was going to explode at all times. Its completely weird that something grew inside of me and I birthed it. Yes its natural and a beautiful thing, blah, blah, blah. Not my thing.

and the post partum stuff is also for the birds! Take your swollen vag and shove it!

Would I do it again? Absolutely, but not anytime soon.

• Options
    I haaated being pregnant. I was exhausted and sick and could hardly eat. Also people were mean. However, R and I love being a mom so much that it might be worth it to do it again.
  • Options
    I had a super easy pregnancy, but for me it was hard emotionally. I miscarried my first, and then when I got pregnant with H, my progesterone levels were low so I had to be on progesterone during my first trimester. I was so afraid I was going to lose her, too! I was so relieved when I finally went into labor and delivered my healthy baby girl.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

1. Horrible swelling starting at 20 weeks. (I lost all my pg weight by one week pp b/c it was all water).

2. Sciatica

3. My hips started to kill in the second tri.

4. PTL at 30 weeks. One night on mag sulfate and 2 months of bedrest and procardia every six hours during that time. Even during the night.

5. Having to go to the doctors twice a week b/c I was high risk.  One doctor a half hour away, the other an hour.

6. And the worst... the absolute fear until the minute she was born that something would go wrong.  I never got "comfortable" in my pregnancy.

• Options

When I look back on my five pregnancies the only ones I didn't like were the ones where I lost my babies.  And, even then, it was the outcome I didn't like.

Yes, I had morning sickness everyday for eight months, yes my ankles swelled, yes I worried everyday about if my babies would make it, yes, I did two shots of blood thinners every day for almost two years, yes, I had to get IV medications several times during my last pregnancy, etc. etc. etc.  BUT I have three wonderful children and I loved every minute they were inside me.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

I am so glad to see that there are other people who just didn't love it. Like PP posters said, I had a very easy pregnancy and I kind of felt like a freak for not loving it as much as other women seem to. 

I think mine was more emotional. I have stress/anxiety issues and growing a baby causes worry on about a thousand levels. Physically, it was easy. I didn't get big at all (most people didn't believe I was as far along as I was), I never threw up (but I did have nausea), no high blood pressure, very minor swelling, barely any stretch marks, I didn't have to work, labor and delivery was easy, etc. 

My sleep was greatly interrupted and I hated that. I know it's minor compared to other pregnancy problems I could have had but for someone with stress/anxiety issues it was a big deal. I was getting up all night to pee even before I took my pregnancy test! That continued for the whole 9 months, and of course my sleep got worse when I was bigger and couldn't get comfortable. 

I definitely felt like a brat, because I had it pretty easy but the way I see it, there just isn't much about pregnancy that is "fun." I didn't even enjoy the kicks like other women (I know, I'm horrible). They felt weird and sometimes kept me from sleeping. The only reason I liked them was because I knew that she was okay. 

But, to be honest, I had all these views before I ever even got pregnant, so it's not like it was a huge disappointment or anything. I wanted kids, and this is the way to get them!

Is it worth it? Of course. Will I do it again? Of course. Will I like it? Nope.  :) 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

I wouldn't say that I hated so much of the physical aspects pregnancy because those are to be expected.  However I was relieved when I could finally sleep for more than 1-2 hours straight.  My bladder only got a small break from being pushed on for a couple weeks in th 2nd tri.  Then I got big and uncomfortable really early on. 

However, all that was nothing compared to all the worry and stress I had about a high risk and complicated pregnancy.  Hospital bed rest and then premature delivery  (I basically missed an entire trimester) all sucked.  I would have been thrilled to endure all the pregancy discomforts if it had meant full term babies...

• Options
    I disliked being so uncomfortable that I couldn't sleep much. I also had horrible acid reflux. I also didn't like have so many aches and pains. I'm definitely done having babies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I hated being pregnant and here's why:

My feet and ankles were so swollen I couldn't wear anything but flip flops and crocs and my hands were so swollen I couldn't wear my wedding band :( 

I was extremely hot all the time. I don't know how my poor husband slept in the same room as me because I kept the air conditioner on 60 all winter, lol.

I developed carpal tunnel that brought me to tears and lasted until after delivery, it hurt to even pick my DD up :(

I couldn't brush my teeth without getting sick (that one was really bad).

I had high blood pressure so at 32 weeks I began going to the dr 2 days a week for non stress tests.

I had horrible insomnia. 

My DD would kick me in my ribs and my bladder constantly which left me in pain or running to the bathroom.

While I was pregnant I swore I would NEVER get pregnant again but I take that back now.  My DD was worth everything my body went through and I'll happily do it again in a few years :)

• Options
    I had expected to love being pregnant, but then I ended up with 22 weeks of nausea, bad acid reflux, back pain, and lots of sleeping issues.  After the nausea ended, it was a relatively easy pregnancy with no complications but it was still a lot harder than I had expected.  I was able to enjoy it more in the 3rd trimester when I didn't feel like throwing up 24x7 but by then it was almost over.  I hope I won't have the m/s issues the second time around, but I'm prepared to ask my OB for a Zofran Rx at my first appointment.  It was the only way I could function for 5 months.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    23 weeks of throwing up daily, insomnia, and five long weeks of prodromal labor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    First off I'm going to start off by saying I loved being pregnant because of how beautiful it is but I had an awful pregnancy. I was sick for 36 weeks, night and day, nothing helped. Started having issues at 26 weeks and had to be taken off work, went preterm labor at 32 weeks, bed rest for 4 weeks, 80 hours of hard core labor, a week in the NICU, which neither my husband or I could stay and we lived an hr away so we drove it every day to be with out little guy. Then I had to have my gall bladder removed after several attacks one of which put me in the hospital after being in extreme pain for 4 hours (found out it blocked a duct and bile was going into my blood causing me to be jaundice) I know some of this happened after pregnancy but it was all because of being pregnant. Dispite all of this instead of my normal I want 3 kids I now want as many as my husband will let me bc of how beautiful my son is....
  • Options
    There were moments that I loved being pregnant, like when I felt my baby move for the first time. But for the most off, it was not a good experience for me at all.  I had awful heartburn, extreme swelling everywhere, and i went on bedrest at 30 weeks because of pre-term labor (which followed 5 days in the hospital and 2 other overnight trips during the course of the last 10 weeks). I had worked really hard to get my body where it was before I got pregnant and I worked out almost every day up until that point. After that, it seemed to go down hill. Then my body failed me with delivery...It was like big joke. My body had more or less been fighting labor for 10 weeks and when it was finally time, I couldn't do it and ended up getting an emergency c-section. He spent 5 days in the NICU and I had 8 weeks of not-so-easy recovery. Now I don't even recognize my body even though I'm just a couple pounds from pre-pregnancy weight. I love DS more than life itself and it was all worth it...But I won't be doing this again.
  • Options
    I had GD to I had to REALLY limit what I ate because I was diet controlled... I hated that! 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
  • Options
    imagestarz57182:

I am so glad to see that there are other people who just didn't love it. Like PP posters said, I had a very easy pregnancy and I kind of felt like a freak for not loving it as much as other women seem to. 

My sleep was greatly interrupted and I hated that. I know it's minor compared to other pregnancy problems... I was getting up all night to pee even before I took my pregnancy test! That continued for the whole 9 months, and of course my sleep got worse when I was bigger and couldn't get comfortable. 

I definitely felt like a brat, because I had it pretty easy but the way I see it, there just isn't much about pregnancy that is "fun." I didn't even enjoy the kicks like other women (I know, I'm horrible). They felt weird and sometimes kept me from sleeping. The only reason I liked them was because I knew that she was okay. 

But, to be honest, I had all these views before I ever even got pregnant, so it's not like it was a huge disappointment or anything. I wanted kids, and this is the way to get them!

Is it worth it? Of course. Will I do it again? Of course. Will I like it? Nope.  :) 

This....or at least the parts that survived the edit lol... Plus my phobia and major hospital fights

I'm also needle phobic (like I start to go into shock afterwards) and had major problems fighting to be poked the least amount... Then at the end of my pregnancy, I had to get a BPP, but the woman doing it wasn't "aggressive" enough and I got a 2 out of 8 which made the birth center I was out tell me I needed to go to the hospital (after that had stripped my membranes and cntxs started)---then when I got to the hospital, they told me I wasn't allowed to walk around, eat anything, and needed to be induced at 5 AM the next morning AFTER redoing the BPP, which I received an 8 out of 8... I had to fight the induction, I mean, seriously, labor was already starting on its own... and then once the birth center accepted me back based on the new score, the nursing staff tried to freak me out by telling me there were floating particles in the Amn. Fluid and when I told them the birth center could handle that--they deal with overcooked babies more than hospitals---they then tried to tell me it might be blood and my baby could be in danger... anywho, I signed out AMA and had my DS by 5 PM the next day, perfectly healthy----and those particles??? Vernix he had already started to shed...

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    me, too. when i did sleep, i would wake every hour or even sooner! i wouldn't take anything and i get MUCH more sleep now and have been after the first week since my baby was born....
  • Options

I loved being pregnant until the end.... It was june, so it was super super hot, and i was HUGE. swollen ankles, back and hip pain, and sooooo tired. The beginning with the constant nausea wasnt great either. But i enjoyed it for the most part....Feeling the baby move, having the belly, etc.... i def liked it and would do it again....NOT YET THOUGH!!!! :)

Oh yea, and the labor and delivery is NOT A FUN TIME.... yikes

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image. image. image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"