Pre-School and Daycare

Urgent: Size 7 diapers, overnight pull-ups, what else?

DS is still a VERY heavy wetter at night.  We just finished up a big box of size 6 diapers that were really snug, so I need to try something else with him.  I have to go get whatever TODAY.  Either we need to find size 7 diapers (where???) or something different.  I don't have a whole lot of faith that the overnight pull-ups will hold him b/c a regular diaper doesn't always do it. 

Are there any other options that I could consider?  DS is a pretty big guy, so I don't know what to do with him.

Re: Urgent: Size 7 diapers, overnight pull-ups, what else?

• They make overnight diapers for up to 6 yo olds - there have to be bigger ones.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • You need to get Huggies Goodnights. I had this same problem and wondered what to do after he outgrew the Overnights. They work really well and we have only had 1 leak accident so far and we've been using them for almost a year now. I get the S-M size and they fit just fine. DS is 41 lbs.

• Loading the player...
  • At Babies R Us, they have these diaper inserts you can put in there to absorb extra liquid.  Brady used to leak through every.single.night and now with those, it's maybe once a week.  They are like old fashioned pads but with no sticky side.  And cheap - like 30 for $4.  They are hard to get in the right spot in pull ups but so worth it!

• What if you put a cloth diaper liner inside a diaper?  It basically is like a cloth maxi pad, so it would hold a little bit more.

Also we use cloth "chuks" (not sure how to spell).  It is like a quilted cotton pad for the bed with waterproof backing.  I put it under the sheet, but over the waterproof mattress pad, just because it is a huge pain to have to wash everything every time there is an accident.

• You can get the Goodnights at Rite Aid, Walgreens, Safeway ect.  They make them for kids up to 100 pounds.
  • imageKim&Jim:

At Babies R Us, they have these diaper inserts you can put in there to absorb extra liquid.  Brady used to leak through every.single.night and now with those, it's maybe once a week.  They are like old fashioned pads but with no sticky side.  And cheap - like 30 for $4.  They are hard to get in the right spot in pull ups but so worth it!

We actually do use these, and I love them.  BRU stopped carrying them for 3-4mos a year or two ago, and it was H E double hockey sticks until they came back.

• We just went to the Underjams. Made my Pampers but for big kids who wet the bed. They end up being cheaper per diaper than those marketed for babies/toddlers.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have ideas for night diapers, but we had to start cutting the drinks from DS about an hour and a half before bed.  It helped with the wetting.
  • We use BRU's own brand of pull ups for over night.  They are cheap and more absorbant than ANY OTHER brand I have tried.  Plus DS will NOT wear a diaper (but sees a pull up at night as acceptable LOL).  Every other brand leaks! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We had to switch to the Goodnight training pants (or any of the "kid" training pants, vs toddler pull ups). Even the overnight huggies pull ups weren't doing it for DD at night...

Of course we went through one bag,  ordered 2 huge boxes from Amazon and the night before they came in, DD1 decided she was done w/ diapers and has been dry at night ever since.... figures. At least we'll have DD2 to maybe use them one day... ;)

CP 3/07
    BFP 5/07 - Kylie born 2/08.       BPF 2/09 - Alexandra born 10/09.
    TTC since 8/13 - diagnosed difficulty conceiving due to LP defect. Took vitamin B and Vitex Berry to help lengthen.
    BFP 2/14 - Missed M/C found at 8.5 weeks. D&C at 9w2d. Partial Molar Pregnancy.
    BFP 11/14
  • BRU is the only place I could buy size 7 pampers in store.  You can get them online but only by the case.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we use size 6 ON huggies diapers + put 2 maxi pads around the waist area and it stops all leaks.
    I used to be Goldie_locks_5 but the new nest is so screwed up that I was forced to start over.
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"