Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Because peeing her own bed would've been too easy. . .

My 3 1/2-year old daughter instead opted to hit mine up. Seriously -- the one bed in the house that doesn't have the appropriate waterproof pad atop it!

On Monday she snuck into my room in the early morning and climbed on in with me. This wouldn't have been so terrible, except that she'd surreptitiously removed her Pull-up beforehand, and then peed my bed in a major way shortly thereafter upon dozing off.

So here's my most immediate dilemma: How the h am I to tend to the mattress?! Immediately after the incident I took towels to it and Lysol, like nobody's business. Then over time since then I've re-Lysol'd, Febreze'd, applied baking soda and vacuumed, and blech. Still Pee-ville. I noted in a previous post about bedwetting, someone mentioned using a shampooer? Is this my last, best hope. I'm stuck in the chilly guest room until then. 

SOS. 

Re: Because peeing her own bed would've been too easy. . .

• Options
    There is an "As Seen on TV" product called Urine Gone that might take care of it for you. I don't have any personal experience with it, but I believe it is made for just such things.
  • Options
    Talk about a stocking stuffer this year. . .

I'm checking it out as we speak. Thank you :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Natures miracle from petsmart saved my couch after ds had an accident on it.
  • Options
    Our basement smelled like cat pee from the previous owner. Dh bought some kind of enzyme pet urine remover that helped tremendously. I'm guessing it's something like the pp mentioned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks, all! I zipped on over to Target.com tout de suite and purchased Urine Gone. Time is of the essence with this unpleasant issue! I appreciate all of the suggestions, though, ladies. Happy holidays :)
  • Options
    Sorry, I don't have any suggestions.. but I can commiserate.  lol, DD has peed our bed, she was snuggling with DH and all of a sudden he jumped out of bed because there was a puddle of pee!  Haven't had that experience yet myself!  GL getting the smell out.  If it was summer and you had a way of getting it outside, not sure if a little sun and fresh air could help, I know it does wonders on cloth diapers.
  • Options

I know this is an old post, but I figured I'd reply. DD did this to us and we called a mattress cleaning company. It was $100 but it was well worth it. Our mattress had never been cleaned and it was 5 years old so it probably needed it anyways.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"