Postpartum Depression

Monday Check-in

Howdy Ladies.  I might not be here next Monday, so unless someone is able to fill in, this might be the last check-in of 2011!

Please introduce or reintroduce yourself and share a little of your PPD/PPA/OCD/what-have-you story.  (I recognize most posters by their siggy pic Embarrassed, so this is a great help for people like me.)  how was your week?

Christmas Questions!  (If you don't celebrate Christmas, please substitute your favorite holiday, make up your own questions, or use this space to complain about the rest of us taking up all the parking spaces at Target)

What is your favorite christmas tradition?
favorite movie?
food or treat?
Are you traveling for Christmas this year?
Are you going to attempt a Christmas Church service with your kid(s)?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Monday Check-in

• Hello my name is Tatiana. I am about to be 10 weeks PP on Saturday and I haven't really admitted to having PPD but I have had a long history of Depression in the past so I'm guessing thats whats making me so sad. Ummm this past week has been crazy..... My emotions have been up and down and DH is trying to be supportive but I can tell it's getting to him :( Working on trying to muscle up the courage to get help....It actually getting worse because of xmas....

As for xmas:

I usually go my grandmother for xmas

the christmas story

and i love this little homemade powdered dounut holes my gma makes :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love that little smile on your girl.

I'm Kristen, I'm 9 months PP and started treatment for PPD at 6 weeks (zoloft).  it's so much better, and I know I still need it when I forget to take it for a day or two, I start feeling all anxious and go "oh yeah, dummy, take your medicine."  My week was good.  I spent some time each day decorating the house for Christmas and finally finished on Sunday.  E went down for bedtime and naps VERY well, which always helps.  I just felt really confident this past week.

What is your favorite christmas tradition? we do St. Nicholas on the 6th.  It's so much fun to have a stocking with candy and toys or trinkets in early December to help get excited about the season
    favorite movie? A Christmas Story  :D
    food or treat? Apple Strudel, marshmallow/chocolate/pretzel things that Grannie makes, green bean cassarole!
    Are you traveling for Christmas this year? For the first time ever, no.  Everyone is coming to us.  I can't believe it.  Seriously, the only time I have ever not traveled for Christmas was the year my brother was born.  He was a month old and that was 25 years ago.
    Are you going to attempt a Christmas Church service with your kid(s)? yes.  I think we'll try to make the Children's Mass, hoping that all the kids will drown out my kid, or she will be so entranced by all the children she won't make a peep.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Loading the player...
  • You NEED to call your physician.  Tell her about your situation, your impending homlessness as well as your depression. You will be directed to appropriate services.

Just HOW is your BF trying to help.  Accoriding to your other posts he is no help at all, but a further aggrivation.

Can you live with your grandmother is your mom is kicking you out?

• Hi ladies! I just went to the dr and was officially diagnosed with ppd and started taking Wellbutrin. 

Christmas has been difficult for me... I just don't care and really don't want to do anything but that isn't fair to my kids so I've sucked it up.
    Normally, my favorite tradition is getting and decorating the tree and then Christmas morning breakfast.

I love any and all Christmas cookies! I have probably already gained a few pounds from them ;)

We were going to attempt church but it is at an earlier time this year and we will still be at the in-laws house, so maybe next year! 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm Ami, I was diagnosed with PPD at around 2 weeks post partum. 

My week was really busy. We found out LO has a milk protein allergy and is also allergic to soy. So we have been back and forth on the phone with the pediatrician, and we saw a gastroenterologist on Thursday who confirmed his milk protein allergy and now he's on a prescription formula....that costs $200 a week. Yikes.

PPD wise, I had a rough week. I was really weepy and I'm lately feeling really inferior as a mom. I'm still mourning not breast feeding, so I don't thinkt hat;s helping,.

Anyway, 

What is your favorite christmas tradition? I love Christmas Eve mass. My Boss always gives the nicest gifts to my husband and I and we always have the same discussion about why waiting until Christmas day to open presents is best. 

favorite movie? The Grinch
    food or treat?Chocolate Chip Cookies and Chocolate Pudding Pie
    Are you traveling for Christmas this year? If by traveling you mean three blocks away to my aunts. :) 
    Are you going to attempt a Christmas Church service with your kid(s)? We're going to try it. I don't know how he;'s going to be but I figure, there are going to be tons of screaming children there. One more will not make much of a difference. 
  • Howdy,

I have been unsure about posting here since I had my daughter about three months ago. I am not sure if I am dealing with PPD or if I am a selfish, bad mother. It would take quite a long post to go into what I'm dealing with but I'm hoping to find support here from others' stories and if any of you ladies know any public/community/online resources please share them with me. I don't have insurance (I paid cash for my prenatal care/delivery- EXPENSIVE!) and don't have an OB or primary care provider at this time.

Favorite christmas tradition- Going to TGI Fridays for dinner

Movie- Polar Express

Treat- Gingerbread

Traveling- Nope.

Church- Yup, and every Sunday after that ;) 

• imageSisugal:

You NEED to call your physician.  Tell her about your situation, your impending homlessness as well as your depression. You will be directed to appropriate services.

Just HOW is your BF trying to help.  Accoriding to your other posts he is no help at all, but a further aggrivation.

Can you live with your grandmother is your mom is kicking you out?

he helps (like now im pumping and hes with DD) and yes hes frusrtrating but thats just cuz we r both stressed. And my gma went thru this with my sister as did the rest of my family so no one wants a repeat....

• imageSilentSymphony:

Hello my name is Tatiana. I am about to be 10 weeks PP on Saturday and I haven't really admitted to having PPD but I have had a long history of Depression in the past so I'm guessing thats whats making me so sad. Ummm this past week has been crazy..... My emotions have been up and down and DH is trying to be supportive but I can tell it's getting to him :( Working on trying to muscle up the courage to get help....It actually getting worse because of xmas....

As for xmas:

the christmas story

He's not your DH.  He's some dude you've been banging since you were 5 months pregnant.  Get some help.

• imageKatiesCats:
    imageSilentSymphony:

Hello my name is Tatiana. I am about to be 10 weeks PP on Saturday and I haven't really admitted to having PPD but I have had a long history of Depression in the past so I'm guessing thats whats making me so sad. Ummm this past week has been crazy..... My emotions have been up and down and DH is trying to be supportive but I can tell it's getting to him :( Working on trying to muscle up the courage to get help....It actually getting worse because of xmas....

As for xmas:

the christmas story

He's not your DH.  He's some dude you've been banging since you were 5 months pregnant.  Get some help.

^^ This , PLEASE GET HELP!!

As a woman who has  an 11 year old SD and full custody ,  has tried unsucessfully to concieve with my (legit) DH for 4 years... hearing your posts make me ill...

Adoption should have  been the first thing thought of. You both are NOT fit to be parents. I hope you GTFU and get it together for the sake of this poor baby girl. 

Photobucket
  • imagebrhinkle:
    imageKatiesCats:
    imageSilentSymphony:

As for xmas:

the christmas story

^^ This , PLEASE GET HELP!!

As a woman who has  an 11 year old SD and full custody ,  has tried unsucessfully to concieve with my (legit) DH for 4 years... hearing your posts make me ill...

Adoption should have  been the first thing thought of. You both are NOT fit to be parents. I hope you GTFU and get it together for the sake of this poor baby girl. 

People on here are all rude!!! Banging?! are you F%$#ING SERIOUS!!! calm down and stop being bitches 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"