Postpartum Depression
Options

Quick Intro and PPA question

Hey ladies, this is my 1st post on this board.. I've been lurking for a couple weeks reading some of the questions and I figured this would be the best place to share my story/concern and hope for some advice or input for those ladies that have felt the same way as I do.

I have not been diagnosed with PPD or PPA yet, not sure if I truly have it even.. but I definitely know I'm extremely anxious about one specific thing regarding my LO..

I am terrified of taking her out of the house. I get really anxious when I know we have to go somewhere, like the doctor's. I have only taken her on 3 or 4 walks around our apt. complex since she was born. (she will be 6 weeks tomorrow).

Also, my 6 week pp appt is tomorrow and DH will be at work, so this is the very first outing I have to do with just myself and DD.. I cannot explain to you how anxious I am feeling about this. I have actually been anxious about this trip since I made the appt almost 6 weeks ago...

Am I the only one who is completely paralyzed by the thought of taking their LO outside of the home? What did you do to help conquer that fear?

TIA :-)

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Quick Intro and PPA question

• Options

I had this fear after DD was born. I had to make H stay home from work one day beacuse we had a doctors appointment and I just couldn't do it by myself. I got over the fear once I started my medication and started slowly taking her places I felt comfortable, like walks and lunch with my mom. I also took her out with H all the time so I could get use to it. I just kept reminding myself that it is good for her to get out.

What exactly makes you anxious about taking her out? I was always worried she could cry and not stop and everyone would be looking at me.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have the exact same worry you had.. and also I am not comfortable NIP yet. Taking one trip at a time.. one day at a time, seems the only way to get through the anxiety.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"