C-sections

Pain in my bladder after c-section

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this... I have pain in my bladder while I am peeing. Mostly when my bladder is about to be empty. Doesn't necessarily feel like a UTI. Just wondering of anyone else is dealing with this after c-section. 

Re: Pain in my bladder after c-section

• I had a pulling sensation in my bladder when it was about to be empty.  I can't really describe it but it was uncomfortable, not so much painful.  It progressively got better and was completely gone after a few weeks. My doctor did check me for a UTI in the hospital and then a few weeks afterwards because of this and both times it was negative, so I guess it wasn't a big deal since it went away!  HTH

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagecassoppea:

I had a pulling sensation in my bladder when it was about to be empty.  I can't really describe it but it was uncomfortable, not so much painful.  It progressively got better and was completely gone after a few weeks. My doctor did check me for a UTI in the hospital and then a few weeks afterwards because of this and both times it was negative, so I guess it wasn't a big deal since it went away!  HTH

Exactly this. Eventually, though, I did develop a UTI and knew when that weird pulling sensation as I was peeing turned into a burning pain.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes, I had weird sensations for awhile.  I think it's proabably from a combo of the catheter and moving your bladder during surgery.  It went away after a few days though.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I didn't have pain but I did have a weird tugging sensation which I figured was due to everything being moved around during the c-section. The feeling went away after 2 weeks or so.
    After many years and tears our baby boy is finally here
    Born 11-6-10

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had alot of pain while peeing it felt like all of my sore muscles were filling in the space as the pee came out so that probably made the pain.  It was so bad sometimes that i had to stop peing for a break and then finish. I think tense sore muscles were the  cause. my nurse said it is normal and now 6 days out it is almost gone.
    santasmall Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • like others said, i had a weird feeling for at least a week or more every time i went to the bathroom. it finally went away though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have pain when I pee but I agree with you that its not like a UTI pain, no burning involved.  I kind of chalk it up to everything shifting back into place.  I also notice it more when I don't drink enough water, its like peeing more helps keep things in place.
  • Mine felt bruised when it was full, when I peed and especially right after I emptied it if it was really full.  It was hard to explain because they expected "pain" to be in the urethra, like burning from the cath but that didn't bother me at all.  It helped to not go so long between potty breaks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm still feeling this but the worst of it is when I get up to pee in the middle of the night. I asked my Dr and my annual exam today and he said it's most likely scar tissue or something like that. He said that the space/lining between the uterus and bladder is real thin and delicate so it can get irritated while the uterus is healing. Something to that effect. My doctor minces words/explanations.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageRumbleLina:
    imagecassoppea:

I had a pulling sensation in my bladder when it was about to be empty.  I can't really describe it but it was uncomfortable, not so much painful.  It progressively got better and was completely gone after a few weeks. My doctor did check me for a UTI in the hospital and then a few weeks afterwards because of this and both times it was negative, so I guess it wasn't a big deal since it went away!  HTH

Exactly this. Eventually, though, I did develop a UTI and knew when that weird pulling sensation as I was peeing turned into a burning pain.

I had the same sensations.  They did go away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had this same issue after my c/s. It went away on it's own in a few weeks.
  • I'm having the same issue. I'm 4 weeks pp and have no uti. I really hope the pain goes away because googling these symptoms freaks me out. Anytime I have urine in my bladder I have to go and if I hold it too long it really starts to hurt. When I do use the restroom it hurts just like the day I first urinated after my csection without a catheter. Dr says not to worry about it unless it doesn't go away in a few weeks. I didn't have this happen after my first csection. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"