December 2011 Moms
Options

success going into labor with exercise ball?

just wondering if this helped anyone move things along!  I'm 38 weeks and ready to have this little girl!

Re: success going into labor with exercise ball?

• Options
    I've been on mine every night for weeks with no results.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagelovemypups1:
    I've been on mine every night for weeks with no results.

This.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've been bouncing around on mine for awhile and if anything its probably just opening up my pelvis a little more. I like it though because it makes my lower back feel better. 
  • Options
    I've been on it constantly for the last two weeks - bouncing and rolling my hips.  Still no baby, but I am comfortable on it during the more intense BH, so I can see how it will be helpful during labor.
    laying down the law on Oahu's North Shore

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Ive only heard of one mom on this board whose gone in to labor right after bouncing, but that couldve been a fluke. The biggest thing about bouncing/hip rolls is that it opens your pelvis up to help the baby come down some more and to help your pelvis stretch in preparation for delivery. It wont necessarily MAKE you go in to labor if you arent already ready, but it can help make labor quicker and pushing quicker once you do get to that point. It's also a good tool to use DURING labor to help bring baby down quicker. Also a good tool to use if youre having back or hip pain.

Hope that helps, but most "natural induction" techniques are really not good for more than helping your body out once you actually do go in to labor, many dont actually PUT you there.  

• Options
    I don't think the ball is supposed to induce labor..... just make it easier when the time comes.
    "If every word I said, could make you laugh - I'd talk forever".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Maybe it was just a coincidence but Honestly, just two hours before my water broke I was bouncing on my ball while drinking raspberry leaf tea
  • Options
    I think that bouncing has helped me progress as far as dilation and LO's position is concerned, but I've been doing it for 2 weeks and haven't gone into labor yet.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've been using one a ton since Wednesday.  No labor, but I am hoping it's helping get the baby in a better position.  I think I may be more dilated or effaced since doing it, but won't know till I am checked.
    href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33e2da" rel="nofollow">Chart

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"