C-sections

wearing your own hospital gown...

Can you wear it during c-section or after? I am assuming it won't get all nasty during..
Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: wearing your own hospital gown...

• I'm not sure if I completely understand your question, but hopefully this helps..

Before surgery they made me change into a hospital gown from the hospital.  I think during surgery I was just in my bra and the gown was off but I cant remember.  After surgery I stayed in the gown given by the hospital until I could get up and then I wore whatever I wanted.  I wouldn't wear my own clothes into surgery even if they let me - they would get pretty nasty!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not sure why you would want your own during surgery. I understand wanting something else during labor but not a c-section. You'll only need to be in it for a few hours. I changed into my own nursing gown as soon as I was in recovery. The one I'd been wearing during surgery had blood on it and was sweaty. I felt so sick during my surgery. It's amazing I didn't puke on my gown too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I wouldn't want to wear my own in the o.r.  I was in my own clothes as soon as I could be though.  Can't stand being in a hospital gown.
  • imagesabrina69barnes:
    I'm not sure why you would want your own during surgery. I understand wanting something else during labor but not a c-section. You'll only need to be in it for a few hours. I changed into my own nursing gown as soon as I was in recovery. The one I'd been wearing during surgery had blood on it and was sweaty. I felt so sick during my surgery. It's amazing I didn't puke on my gown too.

thanks! I wasn't sure.  I got a cute gownies one for only $20 on ebay..ill wear it after then.   

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Likely you will be all but naked during surgery. In order to prep you for surgery you'll be covered in fluids to clean you, that stain, and you don't want that anywhere near you.
  • I would just wear the hospitals. They are easy to get in and out of and they will get messy with blood and other fluids. They will check you a lot too. They also give you these fabuous net panties! I would wear those till you are back home. Just cause the first days are always the worst in bleeding. But if you wanted to take something you could take your robe and some slippers on non slip grip socks :) Thats what I plan to do.
  • I wear their's the whole time I am there after c-s I have realized I do not want to stain up my own cute clothes and I want something clean to wear when I get home. TMI- There has been many nights at the hospital when the flood gates open and I have a flash flood of blood everywhere when going from lying down to rest room within the first 36 hours. Nope they can do the wash!! yuck and bringing that home sounds like no fun as well. The gowns in the maternity rooms are comfy and easy.
  • I change into my own clothes ASAP after the surgery. Yeah I had a few times with a gush of blood but nothing the pad couldn't keep in. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I got a gownie, from Amazon.com, it was soooo cute! I had the nurse in recovery (right after c-section) change me, so when I came out of the surgery and saw family I was beautified! I wouldn't wear it into surgery for sure, that would get messy.
  • My first C-section was an emergency, so there was no way that they let me wear anything but that stupid hospital gown that is impossible to get on. I was naked except for my breasts anyway, and my gown didn't get anything on it at all, even during the next 4 days that I was in the hospital. That was mainly because I didn't have it wrapped around me; it just covered me. But since I'll be having another C-section for this next baby I'm pregnant with, I'm definitely wearing my own disposable gown. So what if it gets all bloody? That's what happens during labor! If you want the full experience, you're going to be bloody. Good luck though with your C-section though, and may you make a speedy recovery.
  • And during C-sections anyway. I forgot to mention that.
  • I wouldn't even want to wear my own gown while at the hospital.  It's just easier to wear what they give you because if it gets dirty (puke, blood, pee) they wash it and you get another one right then and there.  It just seems like a waste to bring your own.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"