Baby Names

Nicknames for Caroline?

My family members are huge into nicknames, and DH and I like them, too. DD is Noelle, nn Noey. 

What are the nn that you know for Caroline?

BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
"And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List

Re: Nicknames for Caroline?

• Carol

Cara

Carrie

Thirty Tiny Toes: My Triplet Blog Pregnancy Ticker NT Scan at 13 weeks 99% sure it's B/G/G! Contractions at 15 weeks and cerclage put in.
  • I know a Carrie who is a Caroline. 

Personally I think its such a pretty name, why make it sound less beautiful? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a Caroline who has gone by Carrie my whole life. My dad also liked nicknames.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I knew a Caroline who went by Carly.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickerscharlatti's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I knew a Caroline that went by Kiki (key key).  NMS, but her family loved it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Linney? That's my favorite, I guess Carrie would be second.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageCaitlinJ22:

Personally I think its such a pretty name, why make it sound less beautiful? 

This  

Please don't ruin Caroline by calling her Carol. It's so pretty by itself, it doesn't need a NN 

• Caroline is one of our top names (right now, anyway), and I'm pretty sure we'd just call her Caroline.  But I'm open to nns like Carrie and Cara if they happen organically.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBattieNattie:

Carol

Cara

Carrie

These are all I can think of as well :)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a Caroline who we call by her full name. We don't like any of the nicknames. I'm sure she'll go by one if she wants when she's older. However, her dcp (who is Israeli) calls her Carolina and shortens it to Lena, which I think is beautiful, but it's a stretch :)
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • Carrie
    It's a boy! 05/03/12 Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • imagefitzpemberley:
    Caroline is one of our top names (right now, anyway), and I'm pretty sure we'd just call her Caroline.  But I'm open to nns like Carrie and Cara if they happen organically.

I agree with the bolded.

• I am Caroline

My sister has always called me Care

My dad called me Lina (pronounced Line-uh) when I was little or he called me Care-Bear.

But otherwise no one else ever called me anything other than Caroline

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I came here to ask the exact came question! We've chosen Caroline but my SIL is Carolyn so she'll probably go by a nickname sometimes. Right now we're leaning toward Carly or Callie.
    DD Lea 04/21/10
    DS Nathan 12/4/12
    BFP: 3/31/15 EDD: 12/4/15

MC: 7/2011, 12/2011
  • I generally just say whatever comes out of my mouth for a nickname, so I'd probably call a Caroline just Care.  Someone else mentioned Carebear, but that would probably be just something cute around the house.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• I prefer Carly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"