Preemies
Options

If your LO did/does PT or OT...a question

Does your LO cry a lot during the actual therapy sessions? My guys do and it is frustrating to watch. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If your LO did/does PT or OT...a question

• Options
    Cora screamed through most of her OT sessions until about a week ago. I hated it too but her OT was very kind and tried not to get her too upset. Now she fusses and complains but its not as bad. I think the change happened because she is learning to use her sounds to communicate a little more so every emotion doesn't come out as an awful scream.
  • Options
    It depends on his mood.  If he is awake for awhile before she comes he is pretty good, but if I have to wake him 15 minutes before he will be a grumpy monkey.

BPF May 12, 2013 :: EDD Janaury 22, 2013 :: MC Began On July 14, 2013 at 12W4D

Born at 34w2d:

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejenmikw:
    It depends on his mood.  If he is awake for awhile before she comes he is pretty good, but if I have to wake him 15 minutes before he will be a grumpy monkey.

This.  Usually they are happy campers.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Not usually. He started OT at about 9 mos (5 adjusted). Sometimes he didn't like what she was doing, but she usually switched activities when he started fussing. He didn't have any one thing we were addressing - but he was pretty tight so we did lots of stretching and reaching activities. She would just mix it up. Like others, I try my best to arrange it for a time when he isn't too tired or hungry. now, OT is simply play time for him and he loves it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A little and/or fussy at the end, yes
  • Options
    I'm a pediatric PT and crying completely depends on the child.  Often, they cry the first few sessions (sometimes a couple months) but then realize it's not so bad and look forward to sessions.  Every once in a while I get a kid who never learns to tolerate therapy but it's pretty rare.  The therapists should be adapting activities and changing them around to try to decrease crying because motor learning doesn't occur when extremely agitated but you can still learn activities to carry over on your own during those sessions.  Sometimes it's just a bad fit with the therapist and then try requesting a new one. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ........ born 11/16/11 at 36 weeks weighing 3 lbs, 6 oz
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"