January 2012 Moms
Options

Just a tad bit irritated

I mentioned in a previous post that my dr wants me to come in for an u/s to check the baby since my fundal measurements have been so off. I know she wasn't too concerned but I'd rather be safe than sorry. The soonest they could get me in is the 23rd! My next appt is the 19th. I was really hoping to have it done before then. I'd rather not go in the day before the holiday weekend and be given bad news and have an emergency or something. I am sure it will be fine but there is that little fraction of worry in the back of my head.

I just can't imagine how they don't have any openings for an appt like this. It has to happen all the time. Shoot, at the beginning of my pg, I had some concerns of an ectopic pg and they got me in RIGHT AWAY. I am sure they have to have some availabiltity for emergencies. I know I am not that bad but I should be able to get a 5 min u/s sooner than 2 weeks from now.

Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
<><
Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
imageimageimage
imageimage
Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
my currently-reading shelf:
Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image

Re: Just a tad bit irritated

• Options

I wonder if the backlog is related to people trying to use up their flex spending accounts before the end of the year.

When I really want to get into see someone, I start calling their receptionists in the morning and late afternoon.  People cancel all the time, so if your schedule is flexible, you can slip in there sooner.  Also see if they have a call list for cancellations.  Good luck!

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    That's what I did this morning. They have a specific woman that does the u/s so she has a different schedule. I guess I will keep trying.
    Robin - CO Mod * RP & JHutch Lover * Hufflepuff
    <><
    Tizzle 10/07 ~ Boppy 7/09 ~ Chicken 1/12
    imageimageimage
    imageimage
    Books read in 2013: ~ Audiobooks listened to in 2013: 3
    Currently reading: The Fiery Cross by Diana Gabaldon
    Currently listening to: The Dark Divine by Bree Despain
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Robin (jason&robin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf) image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Ditto Huahine. I bet it's people trying to use their FSA. The suggestion to call in the morning and afternoon is good. Or see if they have a cancellation list that you can be put on.

But it'll be ok!! :) 

DD 1.18.2012
  • Options

Is there anyway somebody from your doctor's office can call and see if they can get you in sooner?

A friend of mine was needing to get in for a follow up u/s and when she called to make the appointment herself, they told her the soonest opening was 2 1/2 weeks away, so she asked her doctor's office to call and see if they could get her in, and she was seen in three days.

After TTC with IR PCOS:
    April 2011: Metformin 1500mg + Clomid 100mg + Ovidrel + Prometrium = BFP!
    Beta #1 at 14DPO: 197 Beta #2 at 18DPO: 1296
    At 40w6d, our Team Green surprise came by unplanned C-section and changed our lives forever!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

hopefully it just reflects that bringing you in isn't that urgent and that they feel comfortable putting it off a little longer.  I felt the same frustration.  My fundal height has been really off- at my 34w appt i was 30wfundally.  I'd had an appt set again for an u/s this monday the 5th but last friday they r/s me to THIS friday instead.  And changed my appt after the us to be with the neonatalogists and an MFM doc rather than a midwife.  But the fact that it pushed me back almost a week really bothered me!  I just keep telling myself it's b/c everything's probably okay..

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

My doctor's office is located in a Medical Office Building with many other ob/gyn related offices. When I experienced complications and needed to quickly get a u/s, my doc's office schedule was full so they contacted another office within the building to get me in (was enough of an emergency to get me in right away, but not to go to the E/R). Maybe you can see if your doc has any relationships like this, or is there somewhere else you can go that can send the information to your doctor?

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"