Philadelphia Babies
Options

Womencare moms... XP from Philly Nesties

I have my first prenatal appointment scheduled in a few weeks.  What should I expect? I am being seen at the Abbington location because I needed an evening appointment.  Will I get an ultrasound? I'll be 8 weeks by that time... I really want to see / hear the baby's heart to make sure everything is ok before we tell our family (It's going to be earlier than I'd like but with Christmas we won't be able to keep it from them!)

Thanks in advance! 
imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Womencare moms... XP from Philly Nesties

• Options

I went to Womencare.  The Abington office has an ultrasound machine, but they won't do it that early.  I had my first ultrasound at 12 weeks.  It's also too early to hear the heartbeat.  I don't remember much from the first visit - I was already a patient there so they had my history.  I do remember getting a ton of paperwork - hospital admissions forms, info on birthing classes, etc.  I remember feeling the same way you did but it makes sense - if they try to find something at 8 weeks and can't because it is too early that will only upset you :-)

Good luck!  I have always been very happy with the practice.

• Options
    Thanks! I've been a patient there for a little while and I've always been happy.  Thankfully my next few weeks are packed do time should fly!! 
    imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I go to Womencare.  I also prefer the Abington office because of the late hours.  At the first visit, you'll just get your cervix checked to make sure it's closed (it's not that exciting).  Then they'll go over all the do's/dont's and questions with you.  You'll get your first ultrasound between 12-14 weeks.  Abington office actually doesn't have an ultrasound machine.  The hospital has one, but only for emergencies.  For your 2 ultrasounds you'll get you'll have to go to the Willow Grove location (they're open until 6:30 on Tuesdays so I've been able to schedule them after work easily).  Also, you'll have to meet with all 6 of the doctors at least once, so you may have to go to the Willow Grove location to see a doctor if you haven't met them yet.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you! Do they even listen for the heart beat at the first appointment? 
    imageimage

• Options
    No, you wouldn't even be able to hear the heartbeat at 8 weeks.  They'll try at your second appointment, but even then there's a chance you may not hear it.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Darn! 
    imageimage

• Options
    Dr. Rappe delivered my daughter in October.  I was very happy with them.
    Lauren, 29
    Married 6/27/2009
    Hadley Lynn - 10/14/2011
    Baby #2 due 2/16/2015

image        image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"