Preemies

::Lemen::

This is totally NPR but I love love love the photos you take of your boys. Where did you learn? We are getting a DSLR for Christmas and I'd love some tips.

Re: ::Lemen::

• You are too sweet.  Thank you.

I am self-taught.  I actually started by reading a book called Understanding Exposure before I got my camera.  I'd recommend running out and buying it and doing the same!  I think the benefit of that is that you will know all of the concepts BEFORE getting your camera.  The camera itself (learning how to change all the settings) can be overwhelming in itself, so having that foundation prior to actually using the camera helps a lot. 

Beyond that practice, practice, practice.  After 2 years I started on the photography forum, and I learned a lot by reading other people's critiques!  Even if I can't take a perfect picture now, I almost immediately see a lot of what's wrong with it and I know what i need to work on.

I'm happy to help or answer more questions or give tips anytime.  

Feel free to email me, kathymarie81@gmail.com

:)

• ;;butting in::

I have a Canon Rebel.  I've had it for a couple of years but still need to learn a lot about it.

KCK - Maybe we can work through the 12 week online course together after Christmas.

Lemen - Do you still post on the photography board?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Don't have time. :(
  • imagebhilyer:

;;butting in::

I have a Canon Rebel.  I've had it for a couple of years but still need to learn a lot about it.

KCK - Maybe we can work through the 12 week online course together after Christmas.

Lemen - Do you still post on the photography board?  

LOVE that idea-let's do it! And Lemen can be our tutor/critic 

• lol sounds fun :) I try to check back here, email me if you ever have questions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"