January 2011 Moms
Options

Bath time + a squirm worm

I usually give her a bath in the tub in her little bath seat. Lately she is doing everything to get out of it. Hanging over the side and getting stuck, attempting to stand up, etc..

What do you use in the bath? Im afraid to just put a mat down. I know I could keep one hand on her, but I have a really bad back. Id rather not hunch over the tub if I dont have to.

Also, no I am not getting IN the tub. Last time I did that she pooped.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Bath time + a squirm worm

• Options
    H is in charge of baths (it's their special bonding time), but we have a mat down and she stands almost the entire time. She's even walking around in there, which is terrifying for me, but she hasn't fallen yet. I've hopped in with her a couple times and I keep my hand under her butt the entire time JIC. She will sit and put her hand under the water as long as it's running, but as soon as you turn it off, she wants to stand.
  • Options
    I put a mat down. He plays all over the place..stands..goes crazy..it scares me..but I sit with him the whole time..so it is okay I think..

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    H is the one who is mostly on bath duty in our home too. We ditched the baby tub the day she stood up and stepped out of it with one foot so that she was doing a very dangerous split. Now she stands and crawls around and splashes and really loves the bath. I read it's also good to get them used to the big tub early on because some kids get really scared when they transition to it later. Don't know if that's true, but I didn't want to risk it.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Options
    We still use a baby tub (a big one, but still a baby tub). I tried to get him a bath seat a while back and they took them off the shelves...maybe over the next month I'll try to transition him like a big boy!!
  • Options
    We use the big tub.  I just sit on the side of the tub to save my back some.  I also try to enforce a no standing or crawling rule in the tub.  He really likes baths, so he is usually pretty content just slashing around and playing with his toys. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Shes in the big tub too. I guess i could try to fill up less water and get a mat.

• Options

imagebethyla:
    We use the big tub.  I just sit on the side of the tub to save my back some.  I also try to enforce a no standing or crawling rule in the tub.  He really likes baths, so he is usually pretty content just slashing around and playing with his toys. 

This exactly.  

• Options
    Julia is in the big tub.  We have a no slip bottom, so I feel no need to put a mat down.  I fill it it to about her waste (when sitting).  She loves to splash and "swim" around.  I sit on a stool next to the tub with her the whole time and play with her.  We love bath time!
  • Options

imageRachelMarie83:
    Julia is in the big tub.  We have a no slip bottom, so I feel no need to put a mat down.  I fill it it to about her waste (when sitting).  She loves to splash and "swim" around.  I sit on a stool next to the tub with her the whole time and play with her.  We love bath time!

I got a mat today. I should get a stool, that would probably be less stress on my back. good idea!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"