Pregnant after 35
Options

Just need to vent

I went to dinner last night for my Aunt's bday with her, her sister, her mother, and cousin.  None of them know that I am pregnant and toward the end of the meal (after they had quite a bit of sangria) they started asking if me and hubby were going to have children.  I did my standard reply of "We will see what happens".  My aunt then started saying "we will see?  You are 38 years old your clock has almost run out".  The rest of the group agreed and then my aunt started talking about how it was a shame that I didn't get married when I was younger so that I could have children.    I kept trying to change the subject without much success.  People can be soooo obnoxious.  Just needed to vent.

Re: Just need to vent

• Options

Vent away - people can be obnoxious!  Who says you can't be 38 when you start your family!  There are no rules, and look how many of us there are that are starting families at 38! 

• Options
    That sucks...for some reason that generation feels the need to judge and make comments about us and our decisions.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I know exactly what you mean.  If my MIL throws it in my face one more time that I am getting too old to get pregnant, I may scream.  But it is her own fault.  The heffer made me feel like the last m/c I had was my fault, and that I shouldn't get pregnant again.  So now, she can wait until I show.  So there. Zip it!

It is always great to vent!!!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I didn't meet my DH until I was 31 and got married at 33.  If I married the guy I was engaged to in my 20s, I'd be divorced and he ended up being a loser in the long run away.  Not the kind of guy I would have liked having kids with.

Thank Goodness for waiting!

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2004 Abby born 2/2007 and Ally 3/2009 imagehttp://Life In Sublurbia.blogspot.com
  • Options

I know what you mean.  I love my mom to death and she is very excited for me and this pregnancy.  But when I first told her I was pregnant, I was a little nervous because SO and I aren't married yet.  But one of the first thing she said was "well, if you're going to have kids, it's about time you started."

• Options
    You're much nicer than I would've been.  I probably would've responded with a thank you for pointing out the obvious and I just hope you can be happy for me in my marriage and praying for us, not critiquing my aging ovaries and other facts of life that cannot be changed which only serves to make me feel bad and negativity is not pg inducing.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options

How rude of them. Thankfully you are PG, but I know if it had been my SIL who has been struggling, she would have left in tears.

I don't know why people feel that having children and being pregnant is public conversation. It's like they understand boundaries when it comes to sex, but not other things.

I probably would have said something like, "Well, we're off the pill and F like bunnies, so we're just waiting to see what happens."

• Options
    Ha!! LOL, Mango, that is the best reply! and to say it that exact way. Maybe that would have shut her up. It is rude, but I think some people are ignorant, they started having kids at 18 so of course they were fertile. The older generation doesn't think of fertility affecting people, especially people they know.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"