Georgia Babies
Options

sittercity.com???

Has anyone used sitterity.com to find a sitter or nanny. I was not sure how reliable the site was, as this is my first baby. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: sittercity.com???

• Options
    I have not used them personally, but my friend (IRL) has used them to find 2 different nanny/sitters.  She has had good, quality responses. Good luck, sweet baby!
  • Options

imagesoon2b3:
    I have not used them personally, but my friend (IRL) has used them to find 2 different nanny/sitters.  She has had good, quality responses. Good luck, sweet baby!

Ditto to this.  A friend of ours with 2 kids (2 1/2 year old and 10 month old) found a great sitter off there that she was very pleased with. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used sittercity to find our current nanny and she is great.  You just have to be careful and do your homework.  There's a lot of legwork and sifting through that you have to do, just like there would be with any other site. Care.com is a good site as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I had a horrible experience with them, basically with the kinds of replies I was receiving and their customer service, but apparently this is not the norm.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We found our amazing babysitter on sittercity.com.  Love her - had a really great experience!

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Thank you ladies, I will see how it goes. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We used sittercity to find our first nanny and care.com to find our second. Overall, they were both good and we got plenty of applicants both times. The advantage to care.com was that your membership included background checks and sittercity was an extra $9.99 for each check you wanted to run. Just look and see if it is still the same since its been over a year since I used them. My advice for sifting through applicants is check references first, then phone interviews, then in person interviews. I was shocked how many references weren't good ones because they were the ones offered by the applicants. You would think people would make sure the reference person was going to say nice things about them before listing them on a website.But what do I know? Weird.

Good luck with your search! We loved our second nanny and miss her still. I hope you'll find someone you love just as much.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I have used Nannies4hire.com to find our nannies and sitters!  It has proven to be a very resourceful and helpful site to find quality nannies and babysitters!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"