Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

If your LO has had a cold come in please...

DS is on his second cold (thanks to having a toddler who attends DC in the house). Both times he never had drainage coming out of his nose. Ive always just could hear it in the back of his nose, like nasty post nasal drip. I still use saline and I can tell it breaks it up a bit. But I find it interesting that it doesn't ever drain out the front of his nose. Anyone else experience this? Is that normal for infants?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If your LO has had a cold come in please...

• Options
    I think we are dealing with this right now, too. DD sounds stuffy, but no runny nose...it all sounds like it's in the sinuses. Random little coughs here and there, but nothing bad.   DD has also not had any great nursing sessions today.  She will nurse, but never gives me clear hunger cues...I have just been going by the clock and she is definitely eating less than normal.  But still wetting and dirtying diapers.  In fact, she just nursed to sleep then woke b/c of DS being loud and proceeded to spit up some seriously thick milk :(  If she doesn't have a fever and is still eating or not extremely tired (she has fought sleep ALL AFTERNOON), I don't have to call the pedi, right?  The thick spit up kind of freaked me out.
  • Options
    My Lil Man is stuffy right now. I put a couple drops of bm in his nose this morning then sucked it out. He coughs and sneezes here and there nothing big and no runny nose. I did call his pedi and she said to wait it out with out meds forr now.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageCurlingRocks:

imageCA2006:
    I think we are dealing with this right now, too. DD sounds stuffy, but no runny nose...it all sounds like it's in the sinuses. Random little coughs here and there, but nothing bad.   DD has also not had any great nursing sessions today.  She will nurse, but never gives me clear hunger cues...I have just been going by the clock and she is definitely eating less than normal.  But still wetting and dirtying diapers.  In fact, she just nursed to sleep then woke b/c of DS being loud and proceeded to spit up some seriously thick milk :(  If she doesn't have a fever and is still eating or not extremely tired (she has fought sleep ALL AFTERNOON), I don't have to call the pedi, right?  The thick spit up kind of freaked me out.

Babies this young do not have sinuses.  (I learned that when I called to see if DS had a sinus infection.)  I would call the pedi just to be on the safe side.

My understanding is that babies don't get much drainage out the front because they spend so much time on their backs.

DS sleeps on his belly.
  • Options

imagekperk2zw:
    My little guy had a cold a few weeks back.  He never had anything drain out, but I did use the saline drops to break it up and then I sucked it out with an aspirator.  Along with that a few stints of sitting in the bathroom with the shower on for steam, and a cool mist humidifier at night kicked the cold in about 2 weeks.  Never got a fever and didn't develop into an ear infection.  Good luck!

Yes your post and this one above sounds like exactly what we've been dealing with and what we've been doing to battle it...we're just at the end of week 1, and I dont feel like LO has shown much improvement, still stuffy, congested, gagging, etc. but he's eating well and peeing/pooping well so hopefully it will pass after another week like PP above had.  No fever here and the pedi said he had bronchiolitis at first but then it cleared up a few days later which was great.  He goes for a recheck tomorrow.  Good luck, I will be thinking good thoughts for you too!

(Same birthday, 2 years apart!)
  • Options
    imagejulieb00lie:
    imageCurlingRocks:

imageCA2006:

Babies this young do not have sinuses.  (I learned that when I called to see if DS had a sinus infection.)  I would call the pedi just to be on the safe side.

My understanding is that babies don't get much drainage out the front because they spend so much time on their backs.

DS sleeps on his belly.

Just curious as to why he sleeps on his belly?  Medical reason?

(Same birthday, 2 years apart!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"