Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Talk to me about plastic surgery

There was a post on TTCAL asking if the women had the board had different sized boobs.  My thought was "They're the same, thanks to carefully selected implants." So now I'm wondering...anyone else here go under the knife for purely cosmetic reasons? If so, are you happy you did? If you haven't, would you?

I was completely flat and wanted to look/feel like a woman in my wedding dress, so I had my boobs done about a year before I got married.  They fit my body type perfectly (small B) and I don't regret it at all. 

ETA:  I am aware I am being a total PW tonight.  Going for bronze, I guess Embarrassed

~ Waiting for our Little Spartan~
Our Baby Boy is due September 8, 2012

Re: Talk to me about plastic surgery

• Options
    I totally want an eyelid lift/reduction when I get older. Family genetics dictate that I am going to have super baggy, heavy upper lids, and they've already started getting saggier. I fully plan to have them done.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have not had plastic surgery but I do not think that I would. It is risky and I like my body the way it is. I don't think that there is a problem with it though if other people want to do it..that is really their personal choice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I will probably get a breast reduction at some point in the future.  I have lots of back pain related to my boobs. 

Out of vanity, I would get a tummy tuck.  I have had the hardest time losing my baby belly, partly because I still don't have feeling/muscle control in places due to a c/s.

It's weird that I would say I would get plastic surgery because the thought of it turns me off.  I don't want to change myself because I like myself, yet I just listed two things I would do.  Interesting thought.

*BFP 11/3/07*J born 07/06/08*
    *BFP 10/15/11*CP 10/18/11*
    *BFP 2/1/12*EDD 10/14/12*natural M/C 2/24/12 7w*
    *BFP 5/2/12*E born 01/03/13 (her due date)
  • Options
    I thought about getting a boob job when I was in college, but never did because of money and DH liked my smaller boobs. In the past few months, they went from an A to a C so I'm glad I didn't get it done.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart BFP-11/10/11 ectopic. Methotrexate on 12/1/11. BFP #2-08/17/2012 FX for a ute-baby! 15DPO beta-387 HCG; 36 progesterone Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I've had my chest done. I went from completely flat to a C. I don't regret it but if I had to do it again, I wouldn't go so big. However, with that said, I'm not afraid to go under the knife again for anything, including a lift if my boobs start to sag after birth. I'm a fan of the mommy make-overs, as bad as that may sound.

image    image

Harper Grace 08.31.12                        Sibling Expected 08.30.15

Aug 2015 - January Siggy Challenge - Fav mean girl from TV/Film

Ellie from CougarTown

• Options

I have mixed feelings about it.  I don't so much mind the regular person who gets something minor done....we all have flaws we'd like to do something about if we could.  It's not plastic surgery, but my teeth are rather spaced out and if I could afford it I would get invisalign.

But celebrities who get surgery after surgery done really bug me.  Especially when they looked fine before and the surgery makes them look really messed up.  I think people who are obsessed with MULTIPLE surgeries should maybe look at people with real facial deformities and be happy with the "flaws" they have.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Options
    All through college, I thought I'd want a breast reduction at some point, because I just felt they were too big for my body type. However, FH has knocked some sense into my self confidence and I love them now. I don't know if I'd ever willingly go into an elective surgery.
  • Options
    imageangelsnight:

But celebrities who get surgery after surgery done really bug me.  Especially when they looked fine before and the surgery makes them look really messed up.  I think people who are obsessed with MULTIPLE surgeries should maybe look at people with real facial deformities and be happy with the "flaws" they have.

I agree.  I still can't believe what Heidi Montag did to herself - although I'm glad her 15 are over.  I also am not a fan of older women looking nowhere near their actual age, i.e. Joan Rivers (but at least she's funny about it). 

• Options
    Maybe if I was completely flat and had the money, I would have a boob job. And I guess I can't say I would never have anything done when I get older.... but I really don't think I would. My personal opinion is that it's usually obvious when you get plastic surgery and if people know it's not real, then what's the point.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Options
    I don't think I'd ever get plastic surgery, but when I'm older I could see getting botox to help with the brow wrinkles.  It's a genetic thing on my Mom's side of the family.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I don't have plastic surgery but I would get breast lift after having children, if they droop and all those things I hear about.
    Me: 32, DH: 34.
    Trying since Jan 2011. Unexplained IF.
    2 IUIs = BFN.
    1 IVF (Dec 2013) = BFN.
    FET, 2 frosties (June 13, 2014)

14dp5dt-June 27 -BFP, beta 2061. 2nd beta >5000, 3rd beta >5000, 2 sacs 06/30.
    Twin Girls - 02/11/15 - at 37 weeks (no NICU, home with me at 3 days).
  • Options

imageblindvictory:
    I totally want an eyelid lift/reduction when I get older. Family genetics dictate that I am going to have super baggy, heavy upper lids, and they've already started getting saggier. I fully plan to have them done.

This.  I already have trouble wearing eye liner or shadows.  They tend to move too much because of my eyelids.  I also have bad genes when it comes to this.   

image     image
  • Options

I won't, b/c the risk of anesthesia scares the sh*t out of me, and I don't think you could get me on a table unless it was medically necessary. It's just too risky for my tastes. But that's just the hypochondriac in me!

As a nurse, I have also seen a LOT of older women (60's-70's) with implants that just didn't look right at all when the rest of their bodies were aging normally. So I'd prepare to either have the implants out as you start to age, or to have other work done in other places to "keep up" with the perky titties!

Started TTC 2/2009
    Started fertility treatments 11/2010
    Ovarian dysfunction, LPD, male factor
    6 failed medicated IUI's
    Pregnant 5/2011 - Miscarriage at 6 weeks due to triploidy
    Decided to adopt - 6/2012
    SURPRISE! Pregnant without intervention - 7/2012 
    Sweet Baby James Born 3/2013
    Decided to be "One and Done"

....OR NOT.
    Pregnant 12/2018 despite birth control pills
    Here we go again...
    Due 8/26/19!
  • Options
    I totally plan on having a tummy tuck and potentially a boob touch-up when we're done having kids. 
  • Options
    I have had my boobs done. I wanted to go from B to C. But ended up with large Ds. I sometimes want to get them redone but it's not that big of a deal. If I ever need to have one repaired I'll probably have a smaller implant put in both sides. A friend of mine just had lipo. I haven't seen her yet, but she sounds happy. I'd consider lipo or tummy tuck after children if exercise didn't work, as was the case for her. She tried for 9 years. 

TTC 10/11. IUI 2/12. BFP 3/8/12. 4/26/12 missed mc. RE consult 5/17/12. IVF #1 ER 7/13/12 53R, 41M ICSIed, 32F, 8 5d, 6 6d blasts - all PGD/frozen. PGD results 1 normal M and 1 normal F, 1 maybe M. FET 9/6, transferred 1 F embie. Beta 9/15 BFN. FET#2 planned for 11/2012 put off until 2013. Surprise BFP 11/21/12!! My son was born on 7/24/13!

FET 4/28/2015 - Transferred 1 M embie. 5/6/15 BFP!

• Options
    imagekellyrn9956:

As a nurse, I have also seen a LOT of older women (60's-70's) with implants that just didn't look right at all when the rest of their bodies were aging normally. So I'd prepare to either have the implants out as you start to age, or to have other work done in other places to "keep up" with the perky titties!

I had them done when I was 23, and don't plan on changing anything unless medically necessary.  My mom had hers done shortly after I was born and she looks as natural/age appropriate as can be.  I didn't even know she had the work until right before I got mine.  I totally agree that older women with new, perky boobs look super weird.  It's like when someone has obviously had a facelift but didn't do anything about a saggy turkey neck.

• Options
    imagekellyrn9956:

I won't, b/c the risk of anesthesia scares the sh*t out of me, and I don't think you could get me on a table unless it was medically necessary. It's just too risky for my tastes. But that's just the hypochondriac in me!

Now that made me LOL!

I would probably get something done, but never go overboard like Heidi Montag! I think that if getting something fixed makes you feel better about yourself, go for it.

• Options
    imageSpartyMom2B:
    imageangelsnight:

I agree.  I still can't believe what Heidi Montag did to herself - although I'm glad her 15 are over.  I also am not a fan of older women looking nowhere near their actual age, i.e. Joan Rivers (but at least she's funny about it). 

This exactly.

I can't imagine ever getting anything done but I am pretty happy most of the time with my body. Who knows what I'll feel like and think after (hopefully) kids and a couple more decades...

• Options
    I'm way late on this but I never wanted to be that fake girl.. Here in Florida there are plenty of them. However, I was big into working out and finally realized no matter what I did my breasts were never going to change. I felt like I had national geographic boobs (if you will) at 21 and decided to do something about it. I went from a C to DD. 
    ?TTC#1 since 04/11?CP 03/28/12?Me:Polycystic Ovaries&Endo??Him:MFI- Awaiting 2nd SA?
    ?Blog?
  • Options

imageblindvictory:

Aww BV, I love your eyes!!! They are so pretty!   

I'll probably have a boob reduction and lift after kids.  I'm already a 32D on a 5'4", 120lb frame.  And, let me tell ya...gravity is already the enemy.  I'd also like to be able to spend less than $60 for a bra.   

I used to want a nose job...I've got a crooked bridge on one side.  But, then my mom showed me a picture of her mom from the 40's.  She died in 1956 when my mom was only 2.  I look exactly like her, nose and all.  And, I'm the only one in the family that looks like her, so I think I'll keep it.  :)  

• Options

i plan on getting a reduction after i'm done having kids. They are way too big for my body and the back pain is very overwhelming.  I used to play soccer all the time and now it hurts too much - i have to keep it low impact when i work out. I dont even want to imagine how big they are going to be when I get KU.

I will basically pay any amount of money.

Me: 30 DH:31 DD:3
    3/6/16 BFP 
    EDD: 11/14/16

• Options

I've always tried to tell myself, oh no, I would never have plastic surgery, but honestly, if I had the money, I totally would.

I am an A cup, and as much as my husband says he likes them just the way they are, I would love to have bigger boobs (even a full B!). I also have a weird bump in my nose that I don't like. 

K & C | 9.17.10
    "With You By My Side, I Will Never Be Lost"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I havent yet, but I totally will someday.  After babies I'd like to have my boobs done, and a little taken off my thighs.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options

imagevpine:
    I don't have plastic surgery but I would get breast lift after having children, if they droop and all those things I hear about.

This. I always tell DH this is what I want for my 40th bday. :)

• Options

I would love to have smaller boobs.  I'm an I cup and have to special order my bras online and they're usually expensive.  It would be nice to be able to walk into a Target and buy a bra for $10.  It would also be nice to not have back, neck and shoulder pain from lugging around watermelons all day long.

That being said, I've never had plastic surgery and never would.  Just not my thing.

Me 41  DH 33  Married 09/03/2011
    DD1  EDD 08/18/01, born 08/03/2001 ~ 9lbs 10oz, 21.5 in
    DS1  EDD 4/30/2004, born 05/04/2004 ~ 10lbs, 22 in
    mc 02/14/12 @ 5 weeks
    DD2  EDD 12/25/12, born 12/30/12 ~ 10lbs 11oz, 21.25 in
    mc 12/05/15 @ 12 weeks
    Cautiously expecting 12/02/16

• Options
    As for spending less than $60 for a bra...  I also am a 32 around (though a C to your D), and it is almost impossible to find a 32 sized band for anything anywhere.  Everynow and then I will find 32As or 32Bs at places like Target, but that's even rare.  I hate it!  I am almost always a Victoria's Secret girl because I hate a poor fitting bra.
  • Options
    I would think about a nose job. DH loves it and says it looks fine, but whenever I see pictures of myself, I feel self-concious. It is wide, and I feel like it looks out of place on my face. It also tips up on the tip.
    TTC #1 05/2011- 04/2012; TTA  05/12- 05/14 due to DH health problems, nursing school. TTC #1 (again) since 05/2014. CP 08/04/14 at 4w3d 

• Options
    Even after just DS I know that when we're done having kids I will do some touch ups if the money is there!
  • Options

It depends.  I was "blessed" with an ample chest like both of my grandmothers.  If I hold up the way my paternal grandmother did, I'll leave them alone.  If they head south the way my maternal grandmothers' did, I'll go for a breast lift. Also, I come from a family of droopy eye lids, so I'll probably get a browlift when I'm 50-ish.

imageimage
    Me: 33     DH: 38
    TTC since August 2011
    DX:  PCOS and subseptate uterus
    August 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI TI = BFN
    September 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN
    October 2013:  Clomid + Trigger + IUI canceled
    November 2013:  NTNP
    April 2013:  Femara + Trigger + IUI = ???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"