2nd Trimester
Options

Weight Loss

I'm wondering when you ladies quit loosing weight and started gaining? I'm down 10lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight. My midwife isn't concerned because I did have pretty severe morning sickness. I haven't been sick since Thanksgiving but I've lost another pound in the last week and I'm just concerned I'm not getting the nutrients that I need.
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Weight Loss

• Options
    I was down 8lbs until last week.  I gained back a pound between last week and this week. 
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Options

My first pregnancy was an extreme/unusual situation, but I lost about 10 lbs in the first tri due to m/s, leveled off and stayed around the same weight in second tri, and lost another 10 lbs due to GD and totally overhauling my diet.

This time around I lost about 6 lbs in first tri due to m/s, and gained 2-3 back in early second tri, however I've basically been at the same weight for my last two appointments.

I'm plus sized, so I don't need to gain much weight anyway.  Your prenatal should fill in most of the nutrient gaps, but if you have concerns I'd talk to your midwife about healthy foods/snacks that can deliver the calories and nutrients that you need. 

Love: 8.10.99
    Marriage: 12.18.04
    DD1: 5.19.10
    DD2: 4.11.12
    #3 EDD 4.23.16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was down 10+ pounds and was told I'd have to go back on an IV if I didn't maintain/start gaining. They put me on meds and in the last 2 weeks I gained 4.5 pounds. I honestly had to shove food down my throat for the 2 weeks, though. I was so determined not to be back on an IV.
    Baby Z: 5/21/12

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

**December 2014 September Siggy Challenge - Favorite Thing About Fall - Fall Leaves and Apple Cider**
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    in the 1st trimester to now i have lost 10lbs my dr also wasnt worried  i have noticed i have gained a little back but will have the offical results next wens at checkup
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Around 20 weeks with both pregnancies.  Basically when the morning sickness stopped.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses ladies. I've made it a goal to just try and eat every 3 hours. I'm not hungry and the thought of food makes me nauseous but I don't want to end up in trouble by not eating enough. It seems like I still have a few more weeks before I hit the point that you all started gaining.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much.  My midwife is a big believer in gaining the bulk of the weight in the 3rd trimester when the baby is gaining weight rapidly.  I was down 5lbs at 12 weeks and now I'm still down 3lb at 16 and they aren't worried at all.

• Options
    I am down 16 pounds.  I was overweight to begin with and have completely changed my eating habits so my doctor is ok with it.  Gestational diabetes scares me so the thought of that is keeping me on track!  I just wish I could have done this before the pregnancy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"