Cloth Diapering
Options

How do I prep this diaper?

I ordered some covers for this LO on Black Friday from JD. I got my order today and they gave me a free diaper. It's a size 3 so it would fit DS2 now. I only have experice with prefolds and most of those were used so I've never really had to prep diapers before. They gave a a little beetle fitted diaper. When I've had to prep diapers before I did several in the washer but that seems silly for just one diaper. Is there another way? What do I do? Does a fitted diaper even need to be prepped?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do I prep this diaper?

• Options
    Yep, it does need to be prepped.  You can either put it through the wash multiple times (5-10 for max absorption) or boil it for 20 minutes.  (only boil natural fibers)  If it's something that you can't wait to use, boiling will give you the fastest time to get it on LO.  Usually, I just toss them into the diaper pail a few times because I am not very impatient to get it on LO
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If I only have a few to prep I usually just do it with clothes or towels. 
    photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.
  • Options
    I thought you weren't supposed to boil a diaper with snaps . . . Am I wrong about this?
    BabyFetus Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

imageBrookeNYC:
    I thought you weren't supposed to boil a diaper with snaps . . . Am I wrong about this?

I thought the same as well. (And elastic?)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"