Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

update on Cytotec progress

Yesterday after discussing options with the doctor (not mine but another in the practice), we decided on Cytotec to see if my body would respond. Here's the sequence of events:

4:30pm yesterday - took first pill

8:30pm yesterday - took second pill

11:00pm yesterday - light cramping and light bleeding

12:30am & 4:30am - took third and fourth pills...able to sleep, light bleeding

8:30am - took fifth pill

I've basically had light bleeding and cramping, nothing worse than menstrual cramps. So the pills are doing something, but I am really worried it's not enough to get this fully taken care of. Yesterday the doctor said that if the first round didn't work, we'd do a second round with twice the dosage. I called this morning to give an update on progress and share my concerns, and they said that I need to finish this round and then come in tomorrow for an ultrasound.

I take the sixth and final pill at 12:30pm, but I am just so frustrated at this point (what's new, right?!?) It's like how can I fall into the 3-4% of people who see a HB and then don't, then the 1% whose body doesn't figure it out on its own, then the small % that don't respond to medicine? Ahhhhh. I just want this over with physically speaking. While I am grateful that I am not hunched over in pain at the moment, it is so hard to feel like I can't catch a break in all of this. I know that at some point this will be behind us, but it is so hard to wait and try to go on with the usual life things (laundry, mail, cooking, etc) while this impending physical event looms.

Sigh. Just needed to get that out. Thanks for listening. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: update on Cytotec progress

• Options
    imageA2010B:

It's like how can I fall into the 3-4% of people who see a HB and then don't, then the 1% whose body doesn't figure it out on its own, then the small % that don't respond to medicine?

I can COMPLETELY relate to this! I fit into all of these categories as well and I'd like to add that I fell into the 4% of women who have two miscarriages in a row, then the 1% of women who have three losses in a row, and the 1.6% of women who have an ectopic! It feels never ending!

I've pretty much decided that I need to start playing the lotto. Stick out tongue

On a more serious note, I'm sorry its not working so far and I've got my FX that tomorrow it does work and that you won't need the D&C.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options

I am sorry you've seen similar bad odds. I am trying SO hard to stay positive and focus on what I DO have versus what I don't, but it's not easy. Someone always has it worse, but it doesn't make your own frustration go away.

Honestly at this point I am so freaking tired (barely slept last night since I was worried I'd be in pain / bleeding more) that I am almost numb to whatever has to happen. They could tell me they need to cut my leg off and I'd probably go with it if it meant the physical part would be over. I just hate feeling like I can't really do anything in the meantime - a walk in this beautiful weather would likely be good for me but the medicine is working just enough to make me want to lounge in PJ's. Ugh. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry this is such a painfully slow process for you.  ::hug::

ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • Options
    Sorry this is being dragged out for you.  I don't know why doctors vary so much in the way this drug is administered.  I inserted 4 pills at once and then it was pretty much over 8 hours later.  I'm sorry I hope it works soon for you. 
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Options

imageShellBear+:
    Sorry this is being dragged out for you.  I don't know why doctors vary so much in the way this drug is administered.  I inserted 4 pills at once and then it was pretty much over 8 hours later.  I'm sorry I hope it works soon for you. 

These are actually oral (not suppositories). But I did wonder why oral over suppository and why they aren't used together?  

• Options

Same thing happened to me. The 1st day I took 3 tabs 2x a day orally. And just had some slight cramping.

Next day I took 4 tabs 2x a day orally again. And nothing. 

Finally, I had my OBGYN insert 4 pills vaginally a few days later and it finally worked. 2 hrs later I was bleeding and the worst was over in a few hours. After reading on here - vaginally seems to work the best and just wish I had done it that way in the 1st place.

I am so sorry for your loss and understand how drawn out the process can become and how you just want to move on. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageA2010B:

imageShellBear+:

These are actually oral (not suppositories). But I did wonder why oral over suppository and why they aren't used together?  

I think it is the same pill its just a matter of how the doctor tells you how to use them.  Mine weren't suppositories. 

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"