TTC after 35
Options

Late O while on Clomid?

Did anyone experience a late O while taking clomid?

I have had regular 28 day cycles my whole life except for the past couple of months and they have been anywhere from 33-37 and my O day had been pretty unpredictable.  My OB put me on clomid this cycle days 5-9 and I'm on CD20 now with no evidence of O??    I am charting and using OPK's and last month I o'd on CD 19 without the clomid, but was told I should expect O 5-10 days after the last pill.

Any ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BFP #2 11/4/12 EDD 7/20/12 missed M/C 12/13/12 @8w5d D&C 12/21/12
DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

Re: Late O while on Clomid?

• Options
    It's certainly possible you're just Oing late, especially if you were day 19 last month on your own.  But if I were you I'd call my doc and beg for an ultrasound to figure out what's up.  (I remember you posted a while back and your doc wasn't doing a pre-O ultrasound -- maybe s/he'll reconsider given the circumstances.)
  • Options

I have an appt for an u/s with my doc on Friday.  I did talk to her before starting the clomid and she did some preliminary b/w (not sure on what) and all came back normal.  She does u/s around CD23-26 to check for cysts.

I've also went ahead and made an appt. with a RE to get further testing done on my own. 

I'm pulling my hair out.  I was perfectly fine and my DH had the fertility issues.  He just had a SA done and everything is great with him now and it seems it's me, ugh.  I just want to cry.

DX 2/7/13 with an alloimmunity + for anti-paternal antibodies started Lovenox daily & BA
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It's good that you're going to an RE; I know it's expensive but they're *much* more clued in than GYNs on fertility issues.

Your doc will probably be able to tell if you've Od when you get your u/s Friday.  In the meantime, assume you haven't O'd yet and keep BDing!  Good luck.

• Options
    Clomid delayed my O a bit, but not drastically.  I was pretty clockwork with O on day 10 or 11 and Clomid delayed me to day 14.
    Me:39 DH:46 TTC since 11/08
    HSG: good; Estradiol: 62 FSH: 4.4
    AMH: 0.75 Progesterone: 9
    DH: Volume: 1.2 Motility 34
    Concentration: 39.6 Morphology: 5
    Looking at IUI in Nov
  • Options
    Today is CD 21 and NO O yet!!!  Ugh and my temps have been flat.  I have no idea what is going on. 
    BFP 2/16/13 EDD 10/28/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"