Pregnant after 35
Options

way to go, body...

I guess I was so tired that I fell asleep with a book in my hand about 7 this evening  Now it is midnight, and I am wide awake with my acid stomach in my throat.  Yuck!  I can't make it go away.  It has gotten progressively worse the last few nights.  Tums, sleeping sitting up, crackers, water, small meals... none of it works and tonight it is pretty painful. Any suggestions for tomorrow night, as I am sure all of you are in for the night!

TIA 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: way to go, body...

• Options
    Pepcid AC was my saving grace-one every night after dinner....I still remember the feeling-ugh.  Lots of water helps as well.
  • Options
    I drink water like a freak.  Pepcid might need a shot though.  I am freaking miserable right now!!!  Gross feeling.  Before pregnancy it didn't happen very often and a few Tums would cut it in an instant.  What do I have now? Super Bile?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The old wives tale is that your baby is going to be born with a ton of hair.  My MIL kept telling me this and I didn't believe her.  I have such blonde hair that it didn't appear until I was 2 yrs old.  Well, Emerson had a TON of hair when she was born.

You may need to invest in a nice baby brush-lol!

• Options
    That would be so awesome!
  • Options
    Mylanta and sleep on an incline.  Also try to avoid eating or drinking anything for about 1-2 hrs before bed.  I have acid reflux and have had better luck with Mylanta than Tums when it gets bad (Mylanta coats your stomach).  Also, before trying pepcid, call your dr.  Mine advised me to avoid it the first tri.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

• Options
    I think Pepcid AC complete is the best.  Before I was pregnant Tums used to work - now one pepcid and I feel great.  Good Luck!
  • Options

That's the worst feeling. If it wakes me up, sometimes a little yoghurt helps me.

I haven't tried pepcid though. The antacids we have aren't cutting it this time around (Safeway store brand).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"