Preemies
Options

Baby passed his carseat test and I'm even more nervous

Corin is 3 lbs, 7 oz now and my carseat is rated for 4 lbs plus.  The hospitalist team told me that was ok as long as he passed the carseat test but after seeing him in that huge seat, he just didn't look secure to me.  Sure, he passed based on maintaining heartrate and breathing but he's just so tiny and none of the belts were very snug.  We only live a few miles from the hospital and I am so excited about him coming home but really uncomfortable with him riding in this carseat.  Anybody else take their babies home while still really small?  I of course will ask the neonatologist again tomorrow but if she says it's fine, would you still take him home?  I'm just nervous about everything with my tiny guy even though he's been doing very well. 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker ........ born 11/16/11 at 36 weeks weighing 3 lbs, 6 oz

Re: Baby passed his carseat test and I'm even more nervous

• Options
    Gabe was 4lb2oz when he came home.  They car seat tested him at about the same weight as your LO.  He fit into his car seat well, but I am sure it was much looser than when he got bigger. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

my DS was 4lb 12oz when he came home in a 5lb carseat and looked so tiny i was scared but they placed rolled up receiving blakets around him to make it more snug it made me feel alot better good luck tho its amazing feeling having your little one finally home with us it took 11wks.

BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ask a nurse to help you roll receiving blankets in place. Should help significantly and you'll feel better!
    ~*~ Nikki ~*~ DS born 2/18/08! TTC #2 since 01/2009 11/01 Round #5 Clomid 100 mg, IUI 11/14, at 10dpiui 11/26 Beta:12dpiui 114 11/29 Beta:15dpiui 755 1/9/10 First U/S: TRIPLETS! 6/20/11 And then there were six... http://andbabiesmakesix.wordpress.com/ Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options

This might be a kooky suggestion but I lived just over a mile from our hospital/s - I walked DS home in a wrap. Is that possible?

If not I'm sure (like *certain*) they will help get him in there snuggly! They're very careful and cautious!

• Options

My LO failed her car seat test at 5 lbs. 8 oz. and came home in a car bed.  Have you considered a car bed instead of the car seat?  I would gladly give youif you live near me.

3 failed IUIs, 1 successful IVF Lilypie Premature Baby tickers imageimage
  • Options

I think you should rest assured that the hospital would not let your baby leave if the car seat was not 100% safe. 

I know how you feel though, I was really nervous about this as well. One of my guys was under 5 pounds and our car seat was for 5 pounds +. He looked so little but was very snug once the straps were properly adjusted.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"