Baby Showers
Options

Baby Shower After He's Born - Etiquette

My husband works with four married guys. Last year I threw his co-worker's wife a baby shower. I took her to lunch at around 33 weeks and asked her to choose a date. She chose 37 weeks. She had just moved here and knew no one. We had a nice time...cake, balloons, games, lots of presents.

Now that I'm 39 weeks. His co-workers kept on asking my husband, "Is she having a shower?" Nothing happened with his coworkers so two of them decided to give me gigantic gift baskets.

This weekend, the girl that I had a shower for sent me an e-mail that she is (and insists) on throwing me a baby shower after he is born for the same co-workers at her house.

It is really kind of her, but I just feel bad that the two coworkers she is inviting already gave me gifts. I honestly feel awkward because they already got me NICE gifts. It might make it awkward for them also??? I just do not want them to feel obligated to get anything else at all.

Etiquette?

Re: Baby Shower After He's Born - Etiquette

• Options

Just tell them since they gave you a gift, their presence alone will be the best gift that day.

Or something like that. 

They'll still get you something, I'll bet. I got SO MANY gifts after DS was born, despite how many people brought gifts to the showers. 

• Options

I agree with Punky.  It is OK to have a shower after your LO is born and invite those women since they were not invited to a shower...they just gave you the gifts.  I would let them know that you appreciate the gifts they gave and want them to know you do not expect them to get you anything else...but would totally want them at the shower to celebrate. 

A lot of MTB's have their shower and then once their LO is born they get more and more gifts (from people who came to the shower).  I didn't have a shower for my 2nd baby but I got soooo many gifts after he was born (almost as many as I got with my first baby - and I had 3 showers!). 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know a few people that are having a shower after..because of their Asian culture..so why not?
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    If I were one of the co-workers, I wouldn't feel obligated to get you another gift. If I had a personal relationship with you, I might pick up a card or a modest gift card.  However, receiving an invitation would still be nice.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"