I was working hard to have an at home birth, all natural, with a local midwife. And then it all went wrong. But I got my prize none the less.
September 24th I went in for a schedule appointment to get my gBs test (which they had to do in the hospital) when they saw my BP was high. 155/100. Now I have a bit of white coat syndrome, so they said they would take it again after my appointment and I could calm down. It was still high so they sent me to labour and delivery to do an hour long stress test. Well by the end I was fine and back in the normal range. They had me do the 24 hour urine analysis and come back the next day.
September 25th, well my UP was high and my BP was back up. So they pretty much forcibly admitted me saying I had Pre-Eclampsia. Me freaking out because I was suppose to be home, on my bed, with my cats and husband. After 24 hours (September 26th) they sent me home, surprisingly.
At this point my mom had flown in. I worked hard to get myself into labour with natural methods. After 36 hours at home I went back like they asked.
September 27th, now dilated to 2cm, my BP was high again and they yet again admitted me. So at this point there was no home birth. I was a wreck and upset crying for hours because all I wanted was to be home. (Like I mentioned, I had bad white coat syndrome.)
September 28th, After consulting with mulitple doctors, my aunt (who's a midwife), and the local midwife who I had was suppose to birth with, started with a foli-bulb catheter and when that got me dilated, they started the pitocin.
September 29th, little did I know that one doctor in particular had started harassing my mom and husband saying I needed a C Section as I was endanger and so was my baby. And when my husband consulted other doctors who said I was fine, she threatened to have a General come down to talk to him (my husband is Army). Which mind you, is illegal. My BP had started getting out of control with the stress and pain from the pitocin induced contractions so they used an epidural to help with my BP and pain. Then I crashed. Freezing cold shakes and exhausted, they gave me a sleeping medication to help me get some rest. Well I got mad because I was hooked up to so many things I just wanted to get out of bed to pee that I nearly slapped the nurse who came in and told me I couldn't leave the bed to pee anymore. I was loopy on drugs remember.
September 30th, they kept upping my doses of Pitocin and finally broke my water as I reached 8cm. I had wanted to wait till October 1st to have him (his original due date was the 13th of October). They added Magnesium Sulfate to my mass of medications to make sure I didn't have a seizure from the HBP. Finally at 9:30 I started pushing, hoping I could wait till midnight (partially because my best friend and dad were on their way from the airport!). At 10:13 I delivered a beautiful baby boy that we named Remington. 7lbs 4.6oz. 20.5". He was/is perfectly healthy!
The next day, in recovery, the woman who had threatened my husband came in to check on me. When she saw that I had beat the odds of a C Section she made a snarky comment. Well I kicked her out of my room and told my nurse that I didn't want to see her again.
It was the worst 6 days of my life. But as soon as I saw him, it made it all worth while. And though I wouldn't want to, I would go through it all again if it meant I could have him. He's the love of my life.
Sorry for the long post. (: