Washington Babies
Options

Need pediatrician recommendations for preemie

Have a 34-week preemie arriving home. Please recommend a good pediatrician who has experience with premature babies in Eastside. I live in Issaquah. Don't mind traveling.

Millions of thanks from a nerve wracked mom.

Re: Need pediatrician recommendations for preemie

• Options

I asked for a recommendation from my obgyn and just went to the pediatrician that my obgyn goes to.  My son was born at Swedish.  And my obgyn and pediatrican are in the same area.  We go to Polyclinic Pediatrics.  It is nice for our pediatrician to be so close to the hospital that he was born at.  We had to go back for an evaluation and for other things like reflux and his head was a little flat on one side so we were going to the Pediatric Therapy Services (Outpatient) at Swedish.  And our pediatrican at Polyclinic Pediatrics just worked with us. 

I remember my obgyn giving me a list of pediatricians, and it was like you could always set up an interview for the pediatricians or just call up the office and ask about the experience of each pediatrician at each office. 

imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Options
    How is your baby doing?  My second was born at 33w6d.  We were in the NICU for 19 days, but he just needed to grow and learn how to eat and keep breathing while he ate.  So he was a preemie but no complications.  I see Kate Ryan at Pediatric Associates in Pine Lake/Sammamish.  I love her.   She has twins who are about 5 and one has medical issues so she's good at knowing how moms with issues feel.  I hope you guys are doing ok.  The NICU is no fun.   I'm glad you're going home.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"