Minnesota Babies

What to do with old car seat?

We have an older infant car seat that I need to get rid of. What do you do with them? I can't imagine throwing them in the garbage is an option. Is there somewhere to donate or recycle?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What to do with old car seat?

• Most donation centers won't take used carseats because they can't guarantee the safety or if it has been in an accident.  I was given a carseat that was 8 years old.  I waited until Babies R Us had their trade in event and got a 25% off coupon and bought DD#1 a convertible seat.  They usually have a trade in event 2 times a year. 

photo a42489fa-98a3-436b-b31b-266d7d204e5d_zpsde5f201a.jpg
    my read shelf:
    Molly's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • we traded ours in at the BRU trade in event...they are a great way to get the next thing you need.
  • Loading the player...
  • They are having a car seat recycling event at Ace Hardware (Settergren's) in Linden Hills tomorrow. 2813 West 43rd Street, Minneapolis. It's on the recycleminnesota.org site if you do a search for car seat.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • yeah, I'd do the recycling thing Josy mentioned. If you need the discount, the BRU event is usually held in February and August each year. 

Otherwise, cut the straps and beat the crap out of it and throw it in the trash.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"