November 2011 Moms
Options

Labor cookies? Vacuuming the house? Trying everything in the book here.

Anyone else? I am desperate to not be induced and want my baby to come naturally.  Since my body doesn't seem to want to give up this baby any time soon, I've started trying every old tale in the book - sex (now that DH is home after being gone since Tuesday!), nipple stimulation, had my membranes swept at my last appt, walking, walking and more walking, and exercise.

I bought a whole pineapple earlier today, and I also just made these labor-inducing cookies (see, I really am getting desperate here!).  They taste darn good, even if they don't end up doing anything.

If anyone else has any other ridiculous suggestions to get contractions going, I'm all ears! I'm at the point where I'll try just about anything except castor oil. 

Here is the recipe for the labor cookies if anyone is interested. 

https://www.justmommies.com/pregnancy/labor-and-childbirth/labor-inducing-cookie-recipe

Toddler Turtle - November 2011
Baby Turtle - November 2014

Re: Labor cookies? Vacuuming the house? Trying everything in the book here.

• Options
    I've tried all of those things too and so far nothing for me either.
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Yep, tried all that as well...nothing. I joked with a friend of mine yesterday that she and I should run laps around the block instead of just walking, and maybe I'll go into labor like the lady who went into labor after running a marathon last month!

Mommy to Maddie 11/11/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've been running 2 miles every other day, and NADA :(

Why not castor oil, turtlewifey?  I've been going back and forth about whether or not to try this.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha!  Me too!  I do not want to be induced!  Have tried the labor cookies, sex, walking and today I went to lunch at this place in LA that boasts to have a salad that will induce labor.  We will see and I will let you know!  Usually takes a day or two.
  • Options
    One of my friends recommended bouncing on the birth ball, she said it helped her son drop.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Acupressure or acupuncture? I was watching you tube videos last night of pressure points to stimulate. To the poster that asked re:castor oil, it can cause baby to have a bowel movement in utero, which can be dangerous since they can inhale it.
    b/w=FSH 15.6, AMH 0.4 surprise natural BFP on 3/12/11
    DS born via unplanned C-section at 40w6d

• Options
    My friends mom swears by massaging a pressure point somewhere in your leg (i'm not sure where but I'm sure you could google it.) Apparently it put her into labor with both of her daughters and when my friend was induced she didn't start having regular contractions until her mom did it. I haven't tried it though I'm afraid to try anything because I feel like it will just make me more disappointed if it doesn't work lol.
  • Options

Labor cookies are in the oven right now ;-)

• Options
    We have been trying everything all weekend too. I'm having minor contractions this morning, but I have no idea if it's really anything.... I REALLY don't want to be induced this week either!!!!
  • Options

There is a restaurant in Atlanta that swears their eggplant Parmesan induces labor. Perhaps silly but it sounds good anyway. If this baby is not out of me by this weekend I'm making it with labor cookies for dessert!

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/recipe?id=6877112

TTC #2 since 1/1/13

image    imageimage
  • Options

imagejb2rn:
    Acupressure or acupuncture? I was watching you tube videos last night of pressure points to stimulate. To the poster that asked re:castor oil, it can cause baby to have a bowel movement in utero, which can be dangerous since they can inhale it.

Good idea on the acupressure.  I hadn't thought of that one!

ACA, exactly what jb2rn said about the castor oil.  Also, it apparently can really upset your stomach and bowels and apparently doesn't work anyway.  The one person I know that tried it just ended up really sick, and still had her son a week later. 

Toddler Turtle - November 2011
    Baby Turtle - November 2014

• Options

We ate at Scallinis in Marietta Friday night...and I am still pregnant!!!!!!

Anyone have the recipe for labor cookies?

I had an upset tummy all day yesterday and feel a little crampy this AM, but I have no idea if its labor realated or not since as of Thursday I was not dialted, effaced at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options

imageyouleen:
    One of my friends recommended bouncing on the birth ball, she said it helped her son drop.

After I had my membrane swept I bounced on birth ball and walked. But ended up going in for scheduled induction the next day. Labored on birth ball in the hospital and it helped a lot. That might help. Hope you meet your LO soon. 

Be the change you want to see in the world. Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    Lol. I am seriously overdue so I have no suggestions for you. I've tried everything. He likes it in there.
  • Options

I went 11 days overdue with my first and I think I tried every old wives tale out there!  Nothing ended up working except the baby finally being ready to go and my desperately wanting to avoid the induction, but here's a list anyway:

- eggplant parmesan

- cinnamon stick tea

- pedicure

- walking

- lunges

- jumping jacks

- sex

- nipple stimulation

- spicy food

- pineapple

- talking to baby and telling them to come out

- relaxing completely, meditation

- scheduling an induction

- membrane stripping

- scrubbing the floors on hands and knees

- altitude change

- barometric pressure change

Ultimately though it is a combination of mom's psychological and physiological and baby's physiological stuff.  So I don't think any of that will do anything until you and baby are both totally ready.  Good luck!

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
  • Options

I tried these cookies last week, they were good but didn't do a thing.Sad

It's kinda nice to know that I'm not the only one overdue though! Smile I am SOOO ready to have my son!!! Something else that you ladies could try is Black Cohosh. My mom swears by it and I'm about ready to try it.

The acupressure spot on your leg is right behind your ankle bone, primarily on the inside, just above your heel.

• Options
    imageashday:

I tried these cookies last week, they were good but didn't do a thing.Sad

It's kinda nice to know that I'm not the only one overdue though! Smile I am SOOO ready to have my son!!! Something else that you ladies could try is Black Cohosh. My mom swears by it and I'm about ready to try it.

The acupressure spot on your leg is right behind your ankle bone, primarily on the inside, just above your heel.

You really shouldn't do black or blue cohosh without discussing it with your provider first though. 

Mama to Lucy (7/06), Lexi (5/09), and Max (11/11) M/C 12/17/10
  • Options
    I was 0cm and 0% effaced on a Wed. My doula told me to crawl around on my hands and knees. I did it for an hour Thurs night. Thought all it did was make my hips sore. I was in labor 12 hours later. Worth a try.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Options
    True, I did talk to my MW and she said that 40 weeks plus she was comfortable with it and she recommended not taking a very high dose. The only reason she mentioned the dose was because a different patient took high doses of both and her body kept contracting after she had her baby and she had to go to the hospital because of the pain...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"