September 2011 Moms
Options

30 Min Naps?

So our little son hasnt really liked napping anywhere but being held/carseat since he was born...anytime i set him down in his pack n play or crib he wakes up like clockwork after 30 min for every nap and then decides he is hungry, but really i think he is still tired and cant get himself back to sleep.  i have tried going in and sshing him/putting his paci in but that doenst work...does anyone else have any suggestions or am i the only one experiencing this? Do they grow out of this?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: 30 Min Naps?

• Options
    You are not alone. Pearl wakes up within 5min of being put down! I laid her in her PnP before i started typing and now she is waking up. I wish she would lay peacefully even if she isnt sleeping so i can get something done without hearing her crying and feeling guilty for making myself some food instead of soothing her :(
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If he sleeps well in the car seat, is it possible he just doesn't like to lay flat? Maybe look into a Rock n Play sleeper as an alternative (about $50-60)...or a swing?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    well he only sleeps in the carseat when we are driving somewhere, he likes the vibrations i guess...he will sleep on his back if i am laying by him, etc- so i think he just doenst like laying on his back in his pack n play or crib because he is alone- who knows!!! i just wish he napped 2 hours like some of the other babies, i would be able to get alot done!!!
  • Options

Bump

Burp 

• Options
    My baby does the same thing. I got a sling so I can still do stuff and she loves it.
  • Options
    Mine was notorious with this, and still does if I don't play my cards right. I only have a 60-80 minute window of awake time before he goes into maniac mode. I've found that I can get two hour naps by putting him the swing on the highest setting, with the ocean sound playing, paci, blanket on his lap, and blinds shut. I really hate that I'm using sleep crutches, but Ive come to the agreement that him getting some good sleep is most important. I can break habits later. Maybe you can experiment a little; try lots of different things. Perhaps the rock and play that everyone raves about? Good luck! I hope you find a way! You are not alone!
  • Options
    I second using the swing. Or the RnP that everyone loves. I put my LO down in either the swing or her bassinet depending on her mood. I can usually get longer stretches out of the swing. Sometimes after 30 minutes i move her from the swing (asleep) into the bassinet and she'll sleep so long as the white noise is going... And at this point - newborns can't be spoiled so you're ok using "sleep crutches." Good luck.
  • Options

Sorry, no suggestions. my LO doesn't really nap or sleep at all (during the day-she does fine at night; knock on wood)  There is absolutely no way I could put her down in her pnp or crib for a nap.. the only way I get a long nap (more than 20 min) is on her terms. She has to be completely asleep when I put her down in her swing or on her tummy and even then its usually up again ready to eat.

and yes, I think they grow out of it. I am assuming once my LO starts going longer between feedings she will actually take a real nap. and the times she does take a long nap are becoming more frequent, so maybe its already happening!

photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options
    Thank you so much for all of the replies- makes me feel better knowing i'm not alone!! and i love the bib your little one has on!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"