Pittsburgh Babies

Dr. Katherine P. Himes, good?

I'm headed to UPMC Maternal Fetal Medicine for my first appointment. Does anyone have any information on Dr. Katherine P. Himes? Good or bad? I'd just like to know what to expect. Thanks!

Re: Dr. Katherine P. Himes, good?

• I have not seen Dr. Himes, but I saw 2 other MFMs during my pregnancy thus far at Magee.  Honestly there wasn't much to either appointment- no exam aside from BP, weight, and urine check.  Mainly just a consultation.  I'm not sure what your reason is for seeing MFM, but I saw them for 3 reasons- high BP, twins, and to talk about other medications I'm on.  I saw Dr. Pariavienne (sp?) and a male doctor those last name starts with a C I believe (sorry, can't remember).  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks! I've seen Dr. Pariavienne before but unfortunately it was after a m/c each time. I'm going for a blood clotting disordered and multiple m/c. They have me schedule for two appointments in a row one with the nurse and one with the Dr. I really liked Dr. P but she wasn't going to be available for a few weeks. I take it then you have a primary OB as well as MFM? I've never made it to the "viable pregnancy" mark so I'm completely clueless at this point. Thanks for the info.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes I have a regular OB who would suggest I see MFM once in a while.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I also go to MFM and do not have a regular OB is that something to be concerned about? I have seen three doctors at MFM and they all were excellent and answered all my questions. I have diabeties and hypothroid so alot to be concerned about! I feel I am in good care with them. Even though I see a different doc each time I feel they all are well qualifed to take care of me and my lil one. Do any of you have any suggestions? Am I doing the right thing?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"