May 2012 Moms
Options

To be concerned or not...?

So I am seeing all these posts about u/s where the baby is jumping/bouncing around...we had our NT scan on Thursday and all looked to be well and blood work came back great today but our little bean wasn't so active during the u/s. At the end he/she started stretching and bending but hearing everybody else talk about all the movement makes me concerned. Should I be??
IAmPregnant Ticker

Re: To be concerned or not...?

• Options
    No I wouldn't be worried.  I had my NT scan today and baby was sleeping for a little while and then began to stretch and bend.  Mine wasn't bouncing all over the place either.  Every baby is different and if it just woke up it may not have been that active.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    I had my first U/S yesterday and was worried about the same thing. Nope! We were able to see and hear the heartbeat so I was content. They gotta rest, too! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Nope. My DD was a really relaxed baby in the womb (still is). She had certain times of the day where she moved more often than others. 
  • Options
    You might end up with a mellow and easy mannered baby! :) Would be great! I had a very easy going baby.. never cried, always happy, smiley and sweet. He was mellow during his ultrasounds.... he turned wild at 3 though. LOL
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Nope.  You probably just caught him/her during sleepy time.  Last pregnancy, the baby was sleeping and we had a hell of a time getting him awake and moving so they could get the nuchal measurement.  He woke up towards the end and moved around, but mostly slept.

Gabriel Ross - August 24, 2009 * Vivienne Rose - May 1, 2012

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog

• Options
    My DS was always sleeping in U/S... no matter water, caffine, jumping jacks, poking... he is fine today but pretty stubborn like his momma
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    No need to worry. You saw movement, and presumably they measured the heartrate and it was fine.  Babies sleep and rest inside just like when they're on the outside.  It was probably just feeling low-energy at the time.  Congrats on getting good results from the NT!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Mine was just laying there but had a strong heart beat and was very cooperative for the measurements.  The u/s tech poked my stomach and then baby jumped and stretched.  It was first thing in the morning so I thought maybe LO was still sleepy. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options

Mine was the same...  she actually made me go empty my bladder 3 times then roll side to side and cough to make LO move.  It worked a bit but I explained to her that this was also my natural sleep time as I work evenings that my appt was during my usual sleep schedule.   After a while it was moving but not doing a jig like everyone elses has been.   But I feel LO moving when i am on my way to work.     I was kind of concerned but everything went well with scan so I am also like you and trying to find ways of letting it not bother me :) 

hugZZZ

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks all for the reassurance!! Maybe this will be a mellow LO! :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"