Nurseries and Baby Gear

Diaper genie or diaper champ?

Originally we were going to get the Diaper Genie Elite II but now we're considering the Diaper Champ, any thoughts?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper genie or diaper champ?

• Neither. I've had both and they both suck. Neither work well at keeping the stink out especially when LO starts eating solids. I have the arm & hammer diaper pail now and it works really well.
    imageimageimageimage
  • I love my diaper genie II.  No stink issues and she is on solids now.  My SIL has the diaper champ and had no stink issues either.  I have to buy refills where as she could just use regular bags.  That is the only plus to the champ I think.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Elite II and rarely have stink issues.  You just have to remember to twist the bag after each disposal.  I don't have any experience with the Champ.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Neither.  We have the Arm & Hammer pail and it works really well and you only need one hand to use it.
  • I have been really happy with the champ. We change the pail once a week and never notice a stink until we open it. I really like not needing special bags for it.
    DS #1: (Summer 2010) Gonal-F, Ovidrel, Endometrin & B2B IUIs (Hail Mary Cycle) DC #2&3: IVF #1 (November 2011) Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • They are all going to stink when you open it.  I have the Champ.  It does it's job.  and doesn't require special bags.

I personally would just get a small stainless steel can and change the bag once a day or so.  Plastic absorbs smells.  Steel does not. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • We like our Arm & Hammer Pail.  

• We have a Genie and never have any stink problems until we open the lid. Then we notice a smell. But it goes away when the lid is closed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I registered for the Safety 1st Easy Saver based on recs on this board and also that you can use regular trash bags:

https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2373657&fromRegistryNumber=47258212&product_skn=214202 

I've heard some ppl say they LOVE their Genie and others say don't get the Genie.  So weird.  I figure $20 is reasonable for a diaper pail.

• I had registered for the Diaper Genie, but one of my friends was insistent on the Diaper Champ being the better option! She loves it, so I went ahead and registered for that one.
    BFP #1 : 05.08.11 : EDD : 01.16.12 : DOB : 01.15.12
    BFP #2 : 12.26.12 : EDD : 09.08.13 : DOB : 09.03.13
  • I considered the champ because you can use any bag but then I read the reviews on amazon.  Decided on the genie and have not had any issues at all.  It's worth it to me to buy the bags.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I registered for the Arm & Hammer pail after lots of research. The refills were much cheaper than other brands and moms really seemed to love it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"