Parenting
Options

WTF is wrong with people?

On my phone so please excuse any typos

My BIL his GF and I took the kids TOT, 2 2 year olds and a 3 year old.  We go to a house with a teenager sitting on the porch handing out candy.  As the kids walk up her mom, fully dressed as some scary character jumps out at the kids.  REALLY? She had full sight of them, why on earth would you do that?  DD just startd crying and the woman didn't even apologize.  I just grabbed the kids and left. DS didn't react so I dn't think he noticed. She didn't want to finish TOT and we came home with a very scared little girl.  It took about an hour and a half to get her to sleep.

On top of all this, it just maks me miss DH that much more (he's OOT for 2 months)  Not a good night for us. 

Re: WTF is wrong with people?

• Options
    We had someone do that to us too. We saw them and DH was walking up with the kids and he even said to DH "Oh I won't scare the little kids" and then as they were leaving he did. DD fa-reaked out!
    Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • Options

Ugh, that is so uncalled for.

At like the third house we went to, this little yappy dog comes barreling toward DD#2 as soon as this kid opens the door. It was barking and yipping at her and she flipped. She screamed and starting crying :( Luckily, after a few nicer houses she was back into the groove.

Mom to DD#1 December '06, DD#2 Feb '09 and DS March '12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We had something similar happen last year....a neighbor sat at a table (dressed up) really still, with a circular saw in his hand.  There was a bucket of candy on the table with a sign to "take one."  When B stuck his hand in the bucket, the dude flipped on the saw.  It was awful. I felt horrible because I saw this neighbor do it to other older kids, but didn't think he'd do it to my (little) kids.  Ben cried, "why would he do that."  I really hope the neighbor felt like anass. 

Anyhow....so sorry for your DD, and sorry it ruined her evening.

• Options
    imagejettagurl:

We had something similar happen last year....a neighbor sat at a table (dressed up) really still, with a circular saw in his hand.  There was a bucket of candy on the table with a sign to "take one."  When B stuck his hand in the bucket, the dude flipped on the saw.  It was awful. I felt horrible because I saw this neighbor do it to other older kids, but didn't think he'd do it to my (little) kids.  Ben cried, "why would he do that."  I really hope the neighbor felt like anass. 

Anyhow....so sorry for your DD, and sorry it ruined her evening.

Sorry for that.

• Options

We skipped a few houses on our block because they looked too scary with the decor. There was a kid (young teen/preteen?) wearing a scary mask ToTing and DD was scared of him. One house we did go to had some speakers that started playing spooky music when you walked up and I had to show DD that it was just speakers like a radio.

This is a few of the reasons why I didn't want to do ToTing with the kids. I think we won't go again for quite a few years!

We also went to a church's trunk or treat, that has been the talk of the town for years, so I figured it would be a nice way to get a lot of ToT-ing down. I hated it! They didn't have any of the parking lot lights on so it was really dark, there were people smoking walking around and also some of the people handing out treats were too! We avoided the trunks who were handing out 2nd hand smoke along with the candy.

One car we went to had 3 women sitting there and the 2 on the ends each had a small/medium dog in their laps and the candy lady was in the middle- of course all the kids wanted to pet the dogs, but the ladies said the dogs weren't all that friendly -ok, fine, but why have them out at a kids' event like this?

ah, I think we'll go back to "not doing" halloween.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"