Trying to Get Pregnant

My pre-natal vitamins make me gag

I can't stand taking my vitamins. They have that awful dirt smell / taste and I gag every morning I swallow them.

I'm taking the Jamison brand.

Does anyone else have this problem? What brand are you taking? Are they dirt-tasting and smelling free? :) 

Re: My pre-natal vitamins make me gag

• Try a gummy brand.  Vitafusion makes one I think.  I take Nature Made and they are OK.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I take the Vitafusion Gummies, no gagging. 
  • Have you tried putting them in the fridge?
  • You are doing it wrong.(that's what he said...)

Seriously, it is like anything, if one brand doesn't work for you, try another or a different type. The first ones I took made it feel like I was having an I didn't know I was pregnant toilet baby every time I took a twosies, so tried another brand.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 3/17/10 Missed M/C Confirmed 4/12/10

MIF+Unexplained DX Feb 2012: Femara+Trigger+IUI=BFP AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Have you tried taking them after your first meal? I don't take them on an empty stomach, and usually take them around 11 in the morning instead of early in the morning. That helped me out a lot.

I take the Nature Made.

• imageMilliways:

You are doing it wrong.(that's what he said...)

Seriously, it is like anything, if one brand doesn't work for you, try another or a different type. The first ones I took made it feel like I was having an I didn't know I was pregnant toilet baby every time I took a twosies, so tried another brand.

Lmao. And pretty sure my mission tonight will be to quote every post you make.  

• imagesiple1am:

Have you tried taking them after your first meal? I don't take them on an empty stomach, and usually take them around 11 in the morning instead of early in the morning. That helped me out a lot.

I take the Nature Made.

I take mine at night to sleep off any of the gagging.  

• I can only take mine after I eat dinner, since it's generally my biggest meal of the day.  If I try to take it on an empty stomach or a not full stomach, it will make me sick.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • I take Materna. They're supposed to be taken with a meal but they make me tired so I take them just before bed. There's enough food in my stomach still by that point so I've never felt sick from them.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I have two different ones to make sure I actually take them. First I have Natures Made with DHA. I get them at Costco and like them because they are the gel ones so you cannot taste them. I also have chewables, so if I am about to run out the door and realized I didnt take them I can grab them. You have to find one that works for you.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 12/17/09
    Dx'd with PCOS 04/08
    LPD
    Progesterone 100mg
    Clomid 50mg
  • imagemwkoby:
    I take Materna. They're supposed to be taken with a meal but they make me tired so I take them just before bed. There's enough food in my stomach still by that point so I've never felt sick from them.

I have these too and I always eat with taking them

• image09babymama:
    I have two different ones to make sure I actually take them. First I have Natures Made with DHA. I get them at Costco and like them because they are the gel ones so you cannot taste them. I also have chewables, so if I am about to run out the door and realized I didnt take them I can grab them. You have to find one that works for you.

I'd like to find chewables so I can have this option too but I haven't found any chewable pre-natal vitamins in Canada.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"