Breastfeeding
Options

RP from 9-12: used to nursing w/ mom in middle of night

DH is screwed--I'm going OOT

I am going to be away for 3 nights for the first time since DS was born--going to my brother's wedding out of state. DH can't go with me b/c it's a super busy time for him at work.  I am still BFing and DS is waking up once/night, and the only thing he wants to do is nurse before going back to sleep. Oh, and he doesn't take a bottle b/c he developed an aversion due to reflux very early on. I don't know WHAT DH is going to do. I'm afraid DS is going to just freak out and cry and cry when 1)it's not me getting him and 2) there's no warm boob.

I know DH needs to try getting up with him a few times before I leave, which we've been meaning to do, but he's been getting home midnight or later some nights and does a lot of driving and working with machines, so we kept putting it off for safety's sake. 

Was anyone in a similar situation??? How did your LO do without you?? I'm hoping maybe he will take a cup from DH at night even if he won't from me?

I'm both excited about free time on my own and SLEEPING ALL NIGHT!, but also super nervous/emotional/worried about leaving the kids/missing them.  

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: RP from 9-12: used to nursing w/ mom in middle of night

• Options
    You might try it yourself to see if LO will accept it.  If he does, then just get your husband to try on one night when he's not worked late.   GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My LO nurses once per night too. He does take a bottle a few times per week though without problems. However, the night we were away for a friend's wedding my mom said he cried quite a bit when she tried to feed him in the middle of the night. However, he did end up taking the bottle and was completely fine. I agree with PP, try to give a bottle yourself a few times before you go (even during the day). Have your H be prepared for tears that night though.

And as for sleeping the whole night - I couldn't do it! I kept waking up when I thought he might be waking up...and then of course I had to pump...I vowed not to go away for the night until he is done nursing! It was a lot of work for me I felt...but it was a nice break too :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"