Cloth Diapering
Options

whose baby has had sensitivity to BG lining?

I think my daughter might. I have a few BG 4.0 and 3.0 in my stash - I use max two of them a day, just because they're not my preferred diaper. For whatever reason she ended up in BG like 4 times yesterday and her bottom was SO red and almost raw the last time I changed her before her bath I think it was actually bothering her (she was crying/fussing way more than normal after the bath).  I slathered on diaper cream and put a natural fiber on her, then her SBish for overnight. It looked much better in the morning, but still slightly red. I kept her out of BG today and it continues to improve.

Do you think it was a coincidence, or could this be the type of sensitivity I've heard people talk about?  I do like my BG AIO enough in a pinch (and MH likes them too), that I'd rather not get rid of them all together, but I could do without the pockets.... thoughts?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: whose baby has had sensitivity to BG lining?

• Options
    i never put 2 and 2 together with Anna's redness and the BGs.  I blamed it on the heat of the summer. But once we moved back to fitteds for leak/fit issues, she never had another rash. I absolutely think it was the suedecloth all along, in retrospect. I sold all of my pockets and replaced with natural fibers.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

There's a link in this post with a picture, someone posted it the other day.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/59609679.aspx

I've been wondering about it myself.  I use all of the diapers on both of my boys.  My oldest is having no problem what so ever and the baby has been getting red splotches and a rash only on the front, never on his behind.  He is so irritated when I change him, especially after he's been crawling around a lot.  But this only started about a month ago and he had no problem before that so I'm confused at this point. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ow! I just saw the pic...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My daughter's wasn't as bad as that pic (which was hard to find, actually - lots of clicking through boards....) but I stopped using the BG as soon as I noticed it.  It's still not 100% cleared up, but it is MUCH better.  Seriously thinking that I'm done with BG suedecloth.... I have on Elemental that I like, but they don't make them in aplix, do they?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    HOnestly, Anna's wasn't that bad either, or I would have blamed the BG much sooner. But the second I stopped using them, it went away. I don't think they all have to be these horrific terrible rashes. Just a little sensitivity is too much for me, you know? And she never had them before the cast... just since they came off. Sensitivities can develop over time.
    Dx: MFI, DOR, 9 Fibroids and homozygous MTHFR

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Smudge's Story - How to Grow a Dandelion" will return soon!
    The Dandelion Archive
    "If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn."

We're Finally Three Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"