Trying to Get Pregnant

Ovulation Kit Error?

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 4 months.  We are on our second month of using CBE Ovulation predictor kit.  Last month I got the smiley face right around when all of the websites said I would be most fertile.  My period came about 5 days earlier than expected which was a tad surprising.  I started the new cycle last week with the OPK and yesterday (day 10) I got the smiley face.  This is about a week earlier than expected considering I'm on average a 32 day cycle.  Does anyone have any thoughts?  Could the test be faulty or does it change month to month?

Re: Ovulation Kit Error?

• First off dont go by websites to tell you when you might be fertile second of all do you chart??  Taking yout BBT is the only way to know if you ovulate and it always seems that your cycle no matter how "normal" it always is seems to get out of whack when TTC
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use the same kits and while they are helpful, they are not ideal on their own since they are monitoring hormones but cannot actually tell you if you are, in fact, going to ovulate (only that your body is gearing up to do so). The kits can actually also 'miss' ovulation. I personally also temp so I can confirm ovulation with a temp spike and find that to be the better way to track my cycle. And, yes, your cycle can change due to all sorts of factors from month to month. 

• Loading the player...
  • Your cycle can change from month to month.  The predicted fertile days based on average cycle length won't do a thing to tell you when you will be fertile in the present.  Because of that, many of the women on here chart their basal body temperatures using Fertility Friend. It's free and you can get to it by clicking on anyone's ticker in their signature line. Good luck.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"