Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Blighted Ovum - waiting begins

I just wanted to extend my thoughts to those of us on this board who are waiting to miscarry or are miscarrying right now.

I had a blighted ovum -- so the egg fertilized, and implanted, but nothing grew inside it. So, now I sit and wait while my body gets to work doing its job. I've given myself a few days to do nothing and to eat Halloween candy. I'm already in my pajamas ready for some bad TV. Even though we weren't TTC at all (this was a surprise, fo sho), I am feeling let down and am more emotional than I thought I'd be.  So I'm giving myself permission to unplug for a while.

From what I've been reading, there are a lot of us going through this now. It's nice to know you're not alone in something, so I just wanted to put it out there that I'm going through this now and will send positive thoughts to anyone who's going through it too.

Hugs!

Re: Blighted Ovum - waiting begins

• Options

HUGS  we just finished with what you are going through.  If I can give you any advice is to do what you are doing. Relaxing and unplug.   know you will be in our thoughts. 

This is a great board full of other women who have been here when I needed them to be. 

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss.  (((Hugs)))  Good for you for taking it easy on yourself and letting yourself veg togay.  I hope you find the comfort and support in this board as I have. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You're definitely not alone!  I had a blighted ovum m/c last time, and a regular m/c this time. the process is just beginning for me, with intermittent cramps and a little bit of blood.  I haven't decided whether to do a D&C or go au natural, but I have a doctor's appt at 11 tomorrow, so my OB will help me make the decision.

The waiting is not very fun, and I'm right there with you in your pajamas and eating candy!  I'm actually working from home, thank god no one can see me right now with my bad hair, bags under my eyes, and rumpled pjs!!!  Sending good vibes out to you, let's all support each other.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I'm going through the exact same thing! Mine has to happen by Nov. 9 or my doctor will push for a D&C or the pill. 

We weren't trying either (IUD), but I was happy when I found out. Whoever says that you love a baby from the beginning is totally right. That part surprised me, and I'm also surprised at how emotional and angry I've been. I did the same thing this weekend, and plan on resting a lot til it happens. Your body still thinks it's pregnant until it does happen, so it needs that time also.T&P! 

Just because it's stormy now doesn't mean you aren't headed for sunshine. -- unknown
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. I am waiting for things to get going on my miscarriage, so I will definitely be around this week. I am taking tomorrow off work too and praying the worst will come while I am using these sick days! I'm thinking about you and hoping this all passes quickly.
    August 2015 January Siggy: Favorite Mean Girl

*BFP #1 9/10/11 Natural m/c 11/1/11 at 11 weeks, 5 days*
    *Diagnosed as unexplained infertility*
    *BFP #2 12/6/14 after IUI#2 Hopeful! EDD 8/14/15*

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"